Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred-Calories?

Options
So..... any clue as to how I could calculate the calories for this? I did the level 2, for 30 mins. Plus 10 mins of the biggest loser introduction workout. I put it under circuit training but I don't know if that's correct?

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I've been using circuit training for the 30DS, too. I'm still not sure if the calorie burn is correct, but I don't have a heart rate monitor. An HRM is really the only accurate way to tell exactly how much you're burning.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching Level 2! I'm feeling my level 1 workout, just started today. I put it under circuit training too. I had read that others are doing that also. How long did it take you to reach the next level?
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i count it as circuit training, average about 250-300 cals
  • hellonurse524
    Options
    Debi, I actually had to start on Level 2 because I have OnDemand exercise channel and that's what we had available. But it wasn't terribly hard (I stopped a few times because I'm just getting back into the swing of exercise, but when I couldn't do what she did on screen for cardio, I was jogging in place or adding some jumping jacks.
  • izzy_58
    izzy_58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its hard when everything is falling apart, i will take my solace in losing weight for my kids.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I asked this question recently too, and people said circuit training or aerobics. I went w/aerobics because the calories burned were a lil lower and I'd rather under estimate than over estimate.

PS-- I really need to buy a HRM!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    HRM is the only way. Otherwise, log it as circuit training, but take it with a large grain of salt.
  • jess3012
    Options
    iv got a hrm and i normally burn between 220 - 300 depending on how active i am! that level 2 is a killer! lol