Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred-Calories?

So..... any clue as to how I could calculate the calories for this? I did the level 2, for 30 mins. Plus 10 mins of the biggest loser introduction workout. I put it under circuit training but I don't know if that's correct?

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    I've been using circuit training for the 30DS, too. I'm still not sure if the calorie burn is correct, but I don't have a heart rate monitor. An HRM is really the only accurate way to tell exactly how much you're burning.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Congrats on reaching Level 2! I'm feeling my level 1 workout, just started today. I put it under circuit training too. I had read that others are doing that also. How long did it take you to reach the next level?
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    i count it as circuit training, average about 250-300 cals
  • Debi, I actually had to start on Level 2 because I have OnDemand exercise channel and that's what we had available. But it wasn't terribly hard (I stopped a few times because I'm just getting back into the swing of exercise, but when I couldn't do what she did on screen for cardio, I was jogging in place or adding some jumping jacks.
  • izzy_58
    izzy_58 Posts: 2 Member
    Its hard when everything is falling apart, i will take my solace in losing weight for my kids.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    I asked this question recently too, and people said circuit training or aerobics. I went w/aerobics because the calories burned were a lil lower and I'd rather under estimate than over estimate.

PS-- I really need to buy a HRM!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    HRM is the only way. Otherwise, log it as circuit training, but take it with a large grain of salt.
  • iv got a hrm and i normally burn between 220 - 300 depending on how active i am! that level 2 is a killer! lol