Tracy Anderson

Options
Has anyone tried the Tracy Anderson metamorphosis? I'd like some feedback before purchasing it.

Replies

• 88keys
    88keys Posts: 8
    Options
    I bought it and it is REALLY intense. I only got through the first ten days, but had to stop because I hurt my neck. A couple of things to know:

1. The dance cardio dvd is horrible, horrible, horrible. She doesn't cue you at all, and she is basically just jumping up and down for 30 minutes. Plus the music sucks. I hated it.

2. The strength training dvd is incredible, but It is seriously intense. Like... you'll be doing a total of about 320 different leg lifts. I have quite a bit of weight to lose, so I kept mine and I plan on doing it once I drop some pounds. But, my sister who is already very thin and just wanted to tone her bottom half has been doing the program and she could barely get through it.

The diet program that comes with it is just ridiculous. I tried it for one week and was so grouchy. You're basically eating baby food. eew!

I think if you are wanting to tone, and you're in pretty good shape, this is a good program, but like I said... it's really intense. My sister said sometimes she just wanted to cry, and I felt the same way. On the other hand, I have never seen a program that has the unique moves that she has to target hard to reach areas. The ten days that I did it, I lost 1.5 inches off each arm and and 1 inch of each thigh.

Hope that was somewhat helpful!
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That does help, thank you! I honestly have no intention of following a diet program, as I work full time, attend class full time, and also have a family including a 5year old. But my fitness goals are relatively small now- drop about 10-ish pounds and tone everything up. It sounds like this might work out for me- thank you again :)
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    to 88keys point, it IS very hard, and I didn't even bother looking at the diet plan. The baby food diet is just gross and not gonna work for someone like me.

I have been doing the TAM (Hipcentric) for about 3 weeks and have already noticed some pretty amazing results. I have done the dance cardio ONCE in the past three weeks, not just out of laziness, but for fear of aggravating my downstairs neighbors. Instead, I go to Zumba and walk a lot. That is not enough, really, I know, but that is another matter. I have been doing the mat exercises religiously, including the break on the 7th day and that coupled with staying on a lower calorie diet, I have managed to lose 6 lbs in 3 weeks. Not bad considering I still have a drink now and then, have little bites of birthday cake, and don't do a lot of cardio. I know if I did more cardio I would see better results.

I am not going to lie--the mat exercises are really hard, but I have noticed an interesting pattern: the first few days are agony, and I can never do all the reps, then suddenly on the 4th or 5th day I can do it! I sweat like a beast, but I can do it! The other thing I really like is that once I get used to a set of exercises, it changes, so every 10 days it is a whole new workout. I like that aspect a lot because I tend to get bored and lazy with repetition.

It's a commitment, that is for sure, but one that is worthwhile.