I'm gaining weight?

Everyone is telling me it is because of my water consumption and/or working out, I am being very strick about my calories and my exercise. But can someone please tell me if this is true?? Before this I didnt excercise at all.:sad:
Deanna

Replies

• de4482
    de4482 Posts: 5
    Everyone is telling me it is because of my water consumption and/or working out, I am being very strick about my calories and my exercise. But can someone please tell me if this is true?? Before this I didnt excercise at all.:sad:
    Deanna
  • bldntz1856
    bldntz1856 Posts: 14 Member
    If you are doing any amount of strength training your lean muscle mass will increase. Keep in mind that with this increase in lean muscle mass your caloric output will become more effective. The short term 'weight' gain will turn out to be a long term benefit. Don't focus on the numbers of the weight, but rather focus on body composition, i.e. % bodyfat vs lean mass.

Great success in your journey!
  • If you are already pretty lean and only have a few pounds to lose, and weren't working out before you are almost certainly adding muscle (which weighs more than fat). You should take your measurements, and see if you notice some changes. Good Luck!

Rhonda
  • roysterathisfeet
    roysterathisfeet Posts: 2 Member
    Yeah me too. But I am drinking more water and doing TaeBo (only 18mins), brisk walk for (20 mins), crunches and wall push-ups. I went from 191 to 188 then back to 189.
    I know your frustration. But it only has been five days.
    I feel much better after reading the responses from the other guys.
    Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • de4482
    de4482 Posts: 5
    Thanks guys!!!:flowerforyou: