The "It's pregnancy weight" excuse has expired!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• crnj11
    crnj11 Posts: 3
    Options
    WifeNMama, I LOVE your quote and I am going to use it next time I get tempted. All of us moms out there are going to succeed!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is that it was so easy to lose my weight while breastfeeding without doing a darn thing - as long as I was breastfeeding exclusively and on demnad, I could eat whatever I wanted and the number kept going down. I didn't do a darn thing either time to lose my 37 lbs, it just fell off over time b/c I was burning calories feeding my baby. Then when 6 months hit and they started nursing less and eating other foods more, I kept eating the same and of course started gaining weight. I'm so glad my friends pointed me toward this site b/c now I don't have the 'I just don't understand' excuse, now I know what I need to do and how to do it. This site is so great for info and support from ores that understand what you're going through.
  • MrsSarahScire
    Options
    I think that's a very common excuse. I have been using that and just recently came to the same conclusion you did. feel free to add me if you'd like for some motivation
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've used that excuse as well. My little guy is just 7 months (today!), but if I am honest with myself, my weight had been creeping up long before the pregnancy!

I have been using the site for most of September, and I've already had a lot of success! My lifestyle habits are slowly changing, and I'm finding the community aspect very motivating.

Feel free to add me if you'd like another post-partum mom cheering you on :)
  • bljohnson2011
    Options
    Congrats on making the commitment to get health for yourself and your family.