Transition to maintenance Success Stories please!

Options
daydream58
daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
I'm barely 1/3 of the way to my goal and I'm already stressing about the transition. I'll have to add 500-700 calories a day I think or something like that. Hard to believe now, but apparently thems the facts. I figure just add 100 a week so take at least 5 weeks to transition in hopes of not gaining and scaring my new skinny self half to death... and what with it being half of what I am now, it's technically 3/4s to death and that's quite a lot.

If you've maintained for at least a year and you're still hanging around this apple cart, please share your transition success stories and your long-term maintenance tips, hints, successes. Pretty please!

I've heard it a thousand times - anyone can lose but maintenance is the hard part... is that really true? *yikes*

My new profile pic is the result of 20 lbs down.
My food and exercise diaries are open to the public - comment or critique to your heart's content!

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    As of October 6 I will have been at my Goal Weight (or within 5 pounds of it) for One Year. I'm not sure I have any answers for you, but it is a One Day At A Time Lifestyle. I think I will always have to watch what I eat and I will always have to be mindful of my Exercise / Activity Levels. But it CAN be done!!
    :flowerforyou: Good Luck!!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol maintence sucks. a lot.
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    Definitely one day at a time... I have only been at my goal weight for a month and I was really starting to stress about it too! But I've just reminded my self to worry about today only, and I still weigh in once a week. So far, so good. You'll be great!
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    Oops posted twice !
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    lol maintence sucks. a lot.

Yup I agree I gained 5 pounds almost immediately when switching to maintenance mode. Now trying to lose those I feel like it's a constant up & down! I feel much hungrier all the time now also ... Maybe from eating more? Not sure. Boo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!