New here

Options
Hi,

Just joined tonight. Put in my numbers for the day - and wow I dunno if I can eat 1200 calories a day ( I thought I was already eating more than that)! let alone the extra from the workout - and I feel like I eat quite a bit as it is. Looking to lose 72 lbs - gained about 50 of those when I was down with a bad knee injury last year. Looking forward to getting back into shape and hopefully fairly quickly :-)

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey !! You have come to the right place.. feel free to add me if you would like !!

10547530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    good luck and welcome. I wish not getting to 1200 was a problem for me
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Good Luck!!!

I wish I could stay under my 1200. =-.)
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories is the average amount of energy your body needs just to be able to do its functions from day to day. So it is highly recommended you keep at least that many calories in your stores. I need to lose 90lbs myself, and sticking to that 1200, ive already lost 10 lbs in about a week. You shouldn't have a problem doing the same at 1200 calories.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response - I am open to friend requests :-) No idea how to do that yet lol. Yeah it says I need more calorie and protein intake. Any suggestions??

Going to try to get my cousin to join - she comes down once a week and we hang out and talk about our week for working out, life, etc. I think this site will be great for both of us. Glad to know I am not eating 3000 calories a day haha!!
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    welcome and get ready to kick some *kitten*! you CAN and you WILL!:bigsmile:
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Also - how do I get the counter into a signature type thing? Or do I have to add it every time I post?

11579456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter