tiny triumph

Options
anjukins
anjukins Posts: 103 Member
ok, this is my third week on mfp and this is just a teeny tiny triumph, but it was the first change i've REALLY noticed, so i thought I'd share... because the tiny triumphs add up! right?

i've been riding a bike at the gym as part of my cardio workout, and i do a 20 minute "alpine" program on level 8 (of 20). It usually kicks my butt (heart rate in the 150-170's the whole time), and I'm always thinking "oh my god i can't get through this" at the steepest section. well, tonight, I did it twice in a row, and was absolutely shocked each time i looked down, because I barely broke a sweat, and my heart rate was between 115-140 the whole time. I seriously thought the machine was broken, and made my husband test it. Not broken! SO!!! I *think* this means that I'm getting legitimately stronger. Unless it was a fluke. But we'll pretend it wasn't! Hooray! Happy Healthy Heart Dance!!

xo

Replies

• impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I doubt it was a fluke... congrats!!! I think it will be soon time to jack it up to level 9!!!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Good for you... and yes it's the little things in life that are worth celebrating! So Kudos to you.:bigsmile:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well done you!
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've been having similar feelings about the machines at cardiac rehab (where I go for my workouts) same type of thing - machines and programs that used to be too hard I can no breeze through, or at least finish... IF I keep calm and focus on relaxing. If I panic and think it's going to be too hard I start to get all thirsty and disorganized and jump off to get water, thinking I can't make it through without it, etc. One thing after another... but last week I stayed with it and relaxed and got through a hard program in much the same way - barely breathing hard.

Time to dial it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!