Insanity- Who's with me??

Options
2»

Replies

• Jenny1916
    Options
    Does anyone know roughly how many calories are burned during Insanity? Im done the first month and have been taking some time off between doing the second. I tried one DVD and it was brutal haha but I've been running in between so i dont get terribly out of shape. But yeah Im just wondering on how to log the workout as 'calories burned'. Any ideas?
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have day 5 to do tomorrow!! The recovery today was a bit of a change but I still managed a little sweat up. I havent had the recovery formula so couldnt say if it's worth it or not sorry. I mainly just try and manage my vitamins through my MFP phone app.

As for the calories burned, I dont have a HRM (planning on saving up to buy one) but I have found this:

Estimate Your Calorie Burn
    Divide your weight in pounds by 2.2 to convert to kilograms. For men, multiply your average heart rate by 0.6309 to find A, your weight by 0.1988 to find B, and your age by 0.2017 to find C. Add A, B and C, then subtract 55.0969 and divide by 4.184. For women, multiply your average heart rate by 0.4472 to find A, your weight by 0.1263 to find B, and your age by 0.074 to find C. Add A and C, subtract B, and then subtract 20.4022 and divide by 4.184. The result of either equation gives you the number of calories burned per minute, so multiply it by the number of minutes you exercised -- 40 minutes for the "Pure Cardio" workout.
  • kripley1229
    Options
    I have day 5 to do tomorrow!! The recovery today was a bit of a change but I still managed a little sweat up. I havent had the recovery formula so couldnt say if it's worth it or not sorry. I mainly just try and manage my vitamins through my MFP phone app.

As for the calories burned, I dont have a HRM (planning on saving up to buy one) but I have found this:

Estimate Your Calorie Burn
    Divide your weight in pounds by 2.2 to convert to kilograms. For men, multiply your average heart rate by 0.6309 to find A, your weight by 0.1988 to find B, and your age by 0.2017 to find C. Add A, B and C, then subtract 55.0969 and divide by 4.184. For women, multiply your average heart rate by 0.4472 to find A, your weight by 0.1263 to find B, and your age by 0.074 to find C. Add A and C, subtract B, and then subtract 20.4022 and divide by 4.184. The result of either equation gives you the number of calories burned per minute, so multiply it by the number of minutes you exercised -- 40 minutes for the "Pure Cardio" workout.

Wow, I must not have done the math right! It said that I burned 1,086 in 40 minutes!
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just recalculated mine, and if you don't divide the last amount by 4.184 it can give a very high number. Here's another way of looking at it:

A = HR x 0.4472
    B = W x 0.1263
    C = A x 0.074
    T = Time

Calories burnt = ((A + C - B - 20.4022) / 4.184) x T

To be honest I had to recalc mine a couple of times after re-reading my post - it was an early morning and I haven't had coffee in a while :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know roughly how many calories are burned during Insanity? Im done the first month and have been taking some time off between doing the second. I tried one DVD and it was brutal haha but I've been running in between so i dont get terribly out of shape. But yeah Im just wondering on how to log the workout as 'calories burned'. Any ideas?

Use a heart rate monitor.
    Go to Exercise tab, then enter Insanity Pure Cardio (for example), a message will pop up that says it's not in the database, towards the bottom of the screen click on: Can't find what you're looking for? Add an exercise to the database. Then add in the name, time, and calories burned.
  • lk149504
    lk149504 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I will have to try to calculate how many cals i am burning when i do it next. hopefully i can figure it out!!! But...how is everyone doing??? Just finished my first week and WOW!!!! Hard workout, but I think I can tell that my body is changing, slowly...but I can still tell a little!! :)