STRUGGLING TO EAT AFTER BEING ILL

Options
i wonder if i could have some more advise please - i am 5ft 5" and at the moment weigh 165 lbs, i still have a bit to lose - but about 4-5 weeks ago, i was really ill with a gastric stomach virus, which made me sick a lot, so i couldn't keep anything down, without being sick - but i have got over the virus now, but still cannot eat properly, i have been eating a lot of fruit and vegetables, but i feel like if i eat a proper meal, then i feel sick, so i don't finish it off.
i asked a couple of weeks ago for advise and most of you said to start eating up to my 1200 cals a day slowly starting off at say 500 cals, then 600 cals, going back up to my 1200 cals a day.... but i can't even eat that, i seem to be eating about 400 cals a day - but in the last 3 weeks i have not lost any weight at all - i seem to lose a couple of pounds then put it back on again.
but i want to be able to eat my full 1200 cals a day and back into losing my weight, so i can get rid of the rest of the weight to lose - but if i force myself to eat the full amount, how long will it take, before i start losing weight again!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Who knows. But eat more calorie-dense foods in the meantime.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Gastric stomach stuff can linger for a while and make us feel ill. I had gastroenteritis and it took around 3 weeks to feel normal again. I just ate plenty of stodgy fibre filled stuff and it seemed to straighten me out.

Get well soon.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    hmm have you tried buffing up your caloric intake with liquids? Broths and protein shakes add calories and vitamins that you may be missing out but they aren't as harsh on the tummy, just watch your sodium.