^

Replies

• emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    cant see it happening for me
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It seems the women who want to be happy are, in my experience.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmmmmmm good question !!
  • loubulou2209
    Options
    It's perfectly possible. I've not always been down on myself. I think like a lot of things if it doesn't come naturally to a person, you just have to make it a conscious choice until it's the case.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    Maybe.
    I'm allowed to change my mind.
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with myself because I was unhappy with my weight and now I'm working damn hard to change it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am SO happy.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I'm not unhappy with myself, I'm just overweight and that's a work in progress :wink:

If I was asked that question 25 years ago it would have been a different answer though - and I was a LOT slimmer then! I'm a lot more accepting and tolerant these days of what I used to consider my flaws - I'm not perfect, I don't want to be and age and experience has taught me to like myself. If other people love me then I can't be so bad, right? :laugh:

Does that make sense?
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Hmm.. Tricky question this... I'm happy until I find something else to be unhappy about .. ( all superficial stuff )
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    It seems the women who want to be happy are, in my experience.

This.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am totally happy with who I am, I'm just not totally happy with how my body looks, and I know that when I was in good shape I was an all round happy bunny who quite frankly liked looking at herself in the mirror lol! ;) So in shape again I will be and once again so bursting with me happiness I'll dance and sing everyday!!! Block your ears in about a month lol! ;) x

11064913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    The older I get, the happier I am with myself. When I was in my 20s, at 120 pounds, I was self conscious about wearing shorts in public....now at 45 and 139 pounds, I teach fitness classes and where shorts and tanks in public almost every single day without a shred of self-consciousness. Go figure.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'm not unhappy with myself, I'm just overweight and that's a work in progress :wink:

If I was asked that question 25 years ago it would have been a different answer though - and I was a LOT slimmer then! I'm a lot more accepting and tolerant these days of what I used to consider my flaws - I'm not perfect, I don't want to be and age and experience has taught me to like myself. If other people love me then I can't be so bad, right? :laugh:

Does that make sense?

It certainly does! There are some advantages to getting older, and wisom is one of them!! Hurrah for being 40+ :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am happy - I can say this wth confidence because everywhere I go, people can look at me and tell that I am content and I got my ish together. I live a pretty simple life but I look back when I first moved out on my own in 2005 (I was 24 at the time) and struggled for a few years, and went through a humbling experience. I'm far from where I was then because of hard work and perserverence. I'm even more happier because I stopped putting relaxers in my hair (...those that are asking what is that, it's a hair straightening system), I feel like a brand new person because I accept what GOD created,, and I LOVE IT - and most of all I could care less what others think about my style or what society says is beautiful - I've come a LONNNGG way to reach this point, I used to be very insecure about myself for a long time, and that was a major breakthrough. So, I have conquered my financial struggle, I've overcome my self esteem struggle, and now I'm ready to tackle my physical struggle its a great feeling to know that you have conquered your inner demons and can live life to the fullest without restraint.
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Well...I'm pretty happy with my lot such as my job, life and general wellbeing. I can be critical of the way I look still sometimes but when I compare myself to when I was in my early 20s, I have a hell of a lot more self confidence, you just have to get things into perspective sometimes :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The question is a bit misleading in that it implies not being satisfied with some thing (presuming appearance here) means a person is unhappy.
    I am not sure that any of us,guys or ladies should ever be at a place where we can`t find something to improve on in ourselves whether it is appearance or character but we can be happy along the way.

Of course that can be taken to an extreme and become an obsession which is not a good thing.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The question is a bit misleading in that it implies not being satisfied with some thing (presuming appearance here) means a person is unhappy.
    I am not sure that any of us,guys or ladies should ever be at a place where we can`t find something to improve on in ourselves whether it is appearance or character but we can be happy along the way.

Of course that can be taken to an extreme and become an obsession which is not a good thing.

great post.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

\\This is fantastic.
  • lamcturnal
    Options
    I'm happy with myself! I love ME!