Early workouts?

Options
Good morning :)

Just wondering if anyone out there wakes up VERY early to workout before they start their days?

I think it might be time to set the alarm clock VERY early and hop on the elliptical first thing in the am...What I find the most challenging, actually 2 things, are my 4 year old twin boys who manage to crawl in our bed around 3-4 am and I am worried the alarm clock will wake them up and I won't be able to work out...

It just seems like a great way to start your day and let's face it...Get it done with no excuses!

E :)

Replies

• Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I do, its good to get it done for me because when I get home from work, there are always a million excuses why I can't go workout!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Although I workout in the morning and after work, I prefer am workouts cuz my energy level is much higher!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning before work. I had recently switched jobs which causes me to get up 45 minutes earlier than usual to workout. It's been over a month now and I'm so exhausted through the day because of getting up earlier. I hope this feeling goes away soon.

It makes it very hard to function at a new job! haha. So beware if you feel a little sluggish for a while because of getting up earlier.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I know everyone says that early workouts are the best, but when my kiddos were little like yours my best defense was making sure I was getting as much sleep as possible. I seem to eat a lot more and make worse food choices when I'm tired. Every time I set my alarm to get up early the kids would get up too, so I didn't get the time to myself I needed to workout anyway. Even if I managed to workout I felt starved most of the day. For me keeping my calories in check and doing things with the kids was the best way to lose weight. I wore out a couple double strollers walking them everywhere. Now my kiddos are older and its not a big deal if they get up with me so I can exercise whenever I want. Enjoy the morning snuggle time. It goes too quickly.
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am and do JM Ripped in 30. Just completed 30 day shred 2 weeks ago. I LOVE my mornings and morning work out. I choosed her DVD's beacuse they are 20-30 minutes long, great work out and its nice to have some ME time. It also puts my mind set in motion for the rest of the day to eat heatlhy, 'The best part is that I often do a work out in the evening but if every day life doesn't leave me time I am ok with it cus I did a work out in the morning. Now for the twins, can't give any advice there expect for getting them out of the habit?
    Hope this helps and have a healthy and happy day
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    I've done it before and I'm gonna start doing it again -- it's a great way to just get it out the way. I find myself too lazy to do it later, so it's a pretty good plan.
  • victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Early morning workouts are a great way to start the day helps you burn calories for the rest of the day, good luck x:smile: