New and welcoming friends - What do YOU eat everyday?

Options
I am almost at the 30 day mark of learning to log into MFP. Feeling more like I am headed towards a routine and welcoming friends. And needing advise. Sample menus please! This is a lot of energy to eat clean and be effective so any help you all can offer would be great. He's to support. Weight Loss and SAMPLE MENUS PLEASE. :smile: Thanks!

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi, please take a look at my blog. I have my food plan posted there. the link is just below
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And than you!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Congrats on logging in for 30 days...that's great. Feel free to add me as a friend and I have my food diary open to my friends. But generally here is what I eat
    Breakfast: Oats with peanut butter or fruits; Kashi cereal; vegetable egg omellete
    Lunch: Salads with chicken or sausage and a snack; pasta with vegetables
    Dinner: Similar to lunch. Take care of portions. Your plate should have 1/2 vegetables (I love roasting vegetables...this goes with anything); 1/4 meat (I avoid red meat as much as possible as i am not a fan...so I mainly have chicken and fish) and 1/4 grain (quinoa, couscous, whole wheat pasta or rice).

Good luck on your journey. It took me some time to adjust to this healthy eating, but now I don't think about it and totally addicted to vegetables. :smile:
  • peachyfuture
    peachyfuture Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I am getting in the habit of logging daily but still trying to figure out my needs. It's nice to see what works for others.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    My diary is open but basically:

breakfast - 2 eggs or oatmeal w/ yogurt
    lunch - salad with tuna or turkey
    dinner is typically meat with veg but lately I've strayed off into pasta casseroles

Feel free to friend me.
  • WaRachel
    Options
    I started about the same time, so I am still working out what I can eat and what I can't. I don't want to go on a radical diet (my history of crashing and burning with those is well documented), but I have learned that certain types of food really increase my cravings and make staying within my calorie budget tough, so those are mostly gone.

I start most days with either Quaker High Fiber instant oatmeal, or two eggs fried (no butter, and yep, I know the cholesterol could be a killer, so I am slowly moving to Egg Beaters instead, but I find the burst of protein in the morning helps me). I have also gone back to allowing myself a cup of coffee with 1Tbsp of creamer (I was a 3-cup a day with creamer and sugar type, so I went cold turkey the first two weeks). Runs me about 200 cal.

Lunch is usually soup, which I especially like as the weather is getting colder. Most of the light soups are about 80-100 cal per serving (2 servings per can), although you have to watch the sodium if your blood pressure is an issue. I also make a white bean chicken chili that freezes well, and makes a very satisfying lunch. Lunch about 300 cal

Dinner is usually a small portion of whatever I am cooking for the family (I try to dish it out like I would for a 5-yr old) and a large salad. Dinner runs about 400-500 cal depending on what we are having.

I also have a number of snacks throughout the day (apples and baby carrots, light cheese sticks, pickles (again, watch your sodium), fat-free pudding when I need chocolate, and beef jerkey, which I like because it takes a long time to chew, and if you drink a lot of water at the same time, a little bit can be very filling) Usually I get about 300-500 cal from snacks

Still no magic bullet, but I don't feel particularly deprived, and the weight is coming off, if slower than I would like. I know if I could find time to up my exercise, I could get faster results, but right now, my life only seems to allow it on weekends. One thing I love about MFP is that it keeps me honest and on track - and sometimes, when I eat something that I think blew my calories for the day, I plug it into the tracker, and realize it wasn't as horrible as I thought. That has taken away a lot of the guilty feelings that used to drive me into giving up on diets in the past.

Good luck, and feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • lvpthemvp
    Options
    daves160 I see you really like the Greek yogurt. I did not realize it had so much protein. it seems like it might be an acquired taste. Thanks for the link to the blog. you look great.
  • lvpthemvp
    Options
    so awesome to come home to feedback that is specifically what I was looking for. Thanks for the help!
    nikkit321 thank you so much. Look for me to friend you soon. what is the 30 day shed? you have a saying very similar to mine. I often say that we cannot microwave everything. Sometimes we are just going to have to bake!

RachelMontg your white bean chili sounds yummy! I am so grateful for all of your feedback and examples! I am trying to plant positive seeds so I am hoping the more positive friends on MFP the better. I too have often plugged something in that I thought was awful! Only to find out I did okay. And life is real. So I need to get real with my fitness! I love the walking tracker you have. Great idea.

peachyfuture Thank you for the well wishes. It feels consistent and consistency feels good. we are in the same boat! I think that is why I had to wait to make friends on MFP. I want to keep it about my fitness and learning. I want to be a serious student from everyone around me! Glad we get to kind of figure it out as we go along.

sk2775 no idea or maybe interest in grilling veggies! LOL. But so ready to learn from you! 50 lbs gone? you bet I will be adding you as a friend! I only cook for one. So often times I feel like fresh veggies go bad before I get a chance to cook them!