Is this thing on? I'm new (but not really...)

Options
Hello! I've been using MFP for the last couple years to track food, but have never looked at the community behind it all. With the message boards and the blogs...there's a whole world of health and fitness-minded people here! Who knew?! This is great!

I'm a 41-year old working mom and wife. I have a growing passion for all things fitness and nutrition-related. I've always been relatively sporty and active, but I really started getting focused on fitness about two years ago. I love working-out and getting my sweat on. Whether it's lifting weights, running, triathlon, or chasing madly after my two little girls, I love that I've gotten to a point where I 'need' to move my body every day. My eating is pretty good, but I find consistent good nutrition - and controlling my stress-induced sweet tooth - is the biggest struggle. And if I've learned anything it's that you cannot out-train a crappy diet. So MFP has been a great tool for keeping myself accountable and on-track. My weight has recently crept up a few pounds, and I'm determined to work it off.

And I love talking and thinking about fitness and food. So I'm hoping the MFP community can become a place to do that....to get ideas, be motivated, and share support.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    This is one of MFP's best features. Be careful though. It can be very addicting!! I get in trouble for spending too much time on it.