Would LOVE advice pretty please :-) !!

Options
Hello :smile:

Happy Saturday to you where ever you are in the great wide world!!

Ok so I was just curious if anyone can help me into discussing tummy toning? I KNOW EVERYONE must post this but I really am getting :grumble: with it lol..

Basically I have lost to date 67lb -
Like 10" off my back 5 from each leg, I have gone from a 44" waist to a 34" but my tummy I personally think needs toning!

I want to see those things called ` abs ` ... I HATE the way it wobbles alittle ALTHOUGH I am thinking of Gok Wan when he grabs ladies tummys / boobs and shakes them etc on ` How to look good naked ` but I just CANNOT SEE my body looking :love: !!!

I must admit my confidence is rather low so I was thinking if I boost that I may look in the mirror and think actually I am ` ok ` ...

I do my biggest loser challenge MOST days although I am now going to do it 6 days a week concentrating on ` core ` its actually called ` BELLY BUSTER ` :laugh: I also do cycling when I can for 10 mins which is probably 1 / 2 days a week but I know it just tones legs so I will now run 20 / 30 mins daily also plus I do a punch bag for 10 minutes daily..

I just want that tummy to disapear and I do have a ab crunching machine but with my epilepsy and co ordinations sometimes out of sync it`s SO HARD ! I am such a div :laugh:

Anyway advce would be MUCHLY appreciated! :flowerforyou:

I am hovering at 138lb - 140lb and I do not really want to go below 138 at 5ft 8 -

Is it possible to tone without losing weight? :huh:

xx

Replies

• akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A BIG congratulations on your weight loss!!!

You can't spot reduce, as you know, but when I notice my stomach area looking more "toned" I've been eating more natural foods and protein. It sounds like you do enough cardio and strength training however to see more of your muscle strength training is the way to go.

Hope that helps a little...it's not *completely* the question you were asking but just some advice haha
  • JRMcCaghren
    Options
    First off, almost all experiments show that trying to lose weight in certain areas doesn't work. You have to lose weight as a whole-body experience. But, with exercise you can target certain areas. If you want to see abs, there are many ab exercises you can do to make you abs visible. Since you've lose the weight, as you gain muscle it should be visible. btw, since you're a woman, you'll want to make sure your exercises are geared toward women. In other words, I imagine you're not going for the six-pack look, so tailor your exercises to give you smoother toning.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    FOOD IS most of what gives your abs that shredded look you're talking about, but I can recommend a few new exercises to cycle into your workouts...

TABATA ABS, I do a high knees, then regular sit up rotation... Incase you don't know tabata, it'a 20 seconds work 10 seconds rest 8 sets per exercise so for this routine it's a total of 16 sets.

I would put this in between your bike ride and punching bag, you'll hurt like heck, but it seems like this could get you over the next hump!! GOOD LUCK
  • sweetCJ
    sweetCJ Posts: 144
    Options
    Congrats on your lost!! that is amazing!

Have you tried Pilates?? I have the Pilates for dummies dvd at home & a yoga matt and I go at it every night, just so i can tone my core section. I worked for me about 5 years ago and I just let everything go to waste when I had some major personal event happened...so I just started again last week and I feel so much better! My pants are already to big! I don't have much co-ordination myself and what I like about the dvd is you can go your own pace!

Good luck!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Jillian micheals, no more problem areas dvd. Ebay x