Spinning?

Options
So who out there spins?

I have been going once a week. I might pick up some more classes until the weather warms up and I can ride outside again.

How many classes do you do a week? I love it, but dang it wears me slap out! Just curious on how many classes a body can handle in a week!

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    So who out there spins?

I have been going once a week. I might pick up some more classes until the weather warms up and I can ride outside again.

How many classes do you do a week? I love it, but dang it wears me slap out! Just curious on how many classes a body can handle in a week!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    YES and I LOVE IT!
    I spin 1-2 times per week right now. The rest of my cardio is running. I like to spin on my non-lifting day or after a rough leg day because it's not as tough on my knees as running but is still really challenging. I love being out of the saddle, makes my glutes burn haha!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I love it!!! I do it once or twice a week, sometimes 3 if I'm over ambitous.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

Do it Monday Tuesday Wednesday. :love:

I meant "I do it" I wasn't demanding that you do it Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. :laugh:
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    i try 2-3 times a week.
    when i was spinning 4-5 times a week i wasnt losing weight-- I was burning so many calories and not upping my food intake...

I love how many calories it burns...

i need that someone screaming at me to ADD IT ON and SPEED IT UP!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have started doing it. I plan on going every Tuesday and Thursday since those are the days we don't have squadron PT.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I go 2 times a week :) I love it, it kicks my butt!
  • deamarie
    Options
    I teach a spin class once a week and 1-2 times a week. A great feeling is spin after Body Pump!! Talk about calorie burn....And you get to eat lots of exercise calories!! It is good to get a rest in between classes though. Not only does it let your body recover, but it keeps you from plateauing (is that a word??). I took 2 weeks off of spin and burned an extra 300 calories in 1 session when I returned!!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Certifiably addicted! I am trying a 75 min. class tonight!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Does anyone else get sore spots in the pelvic seat though? It kinds hurts to sit on the bike seat again the day after a spin class. :ohwell: I see so many people in there with just regular shorts on all the time! And bike shorts are so expensive :-\ Maybe I'll have to see if I can find a seat that fits universally.
  • deamarie
    Options
    They make gel cushions to fit over the seat but I find they just move around under you. Not fun!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I teach a spin class once a week and 1-2 times a week. A great feeling is spin after Body Pump!! Talk about calorie burn....And you get to eat lots of exercise calories!! It is good to get a rest in between classes though. Not only does it let your body recover, but it keeps you from plateauing (is that a word??). I took 2 weeks off of spin and burned an extra 300 calories in 1 session when I returned!!

I love BodyPump also. I am not sure I could handle spinning after BP though! My legs are always shaking! Saturday I am going to spin and then do BP!
  • mimielle
    mimielle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    On a short ride, I can get away without wearing bike shorts but will wear padded bike shorts most of the time. Even with them on, my pelvic area still gets sore after 60-80 minutes.

You could probably find a decent pair for about $50 and then you'll have a pair if you want to ride your bike in the summer too. That's what I've paid for mine. I've bought them from an outdoor gear store and at the end of the summer at a bicycle shop when they have their clothes on sale.

oh, and they also make padded liners that you can wear under regular shorts..maybe that's what all the other people in your class are doing.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

I really enjoy Body Pump, with the exception of the partial reps. They don't do anything but decrease your ROM, so I always do my own thing during those portions. I used to do Body Step right after Body Pump...whew! What a rush!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    On a short ride, I can get away without wearing bike shorts but will wear padded bike shorts most of the time. Even with them on, my pelvic area still gets sore after 60-80 minutes.

You could probably find a decent pair for about $50 and then you'll have a pair if you want to ride your bike in the summer too. That's what I've paid for mine. I've bought them from an outdoor gear store and at the end of the summer at a bicycle shop when they have their clothes on sale.

oh, and they also make padded liners that you can wear under regular shorts..maybe that's what all the other people in your class are doing.

I don't have my own bike! :sad: I wish I did, because I would take it EVERYWHERE. One summer I used a crappy Wal Mart mountain bike to get around because I was 15 and couldn't drive lol...I got up to about 20 miles a day, and amazingly it lasted the whole summer! Of course the chain popped out a lot but it still got me from point A to point B.
    Where can you find those liners? That sounds really cool!
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love spin class... I go 1-3 times a week depending on my schedule
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited, because tomorrow I get to go to spin class for the first time in over a month. . .(my schedule has been literally out of control) There is literally dust on my cycle shoes. le sigh.

Oh, and songbyrd. . .the padded seat pants/shorts are totally worth it if you're doing it more than once a week. (IMHO):flowerforyou:
  • deamarie
    Options
    Body Pump + Spin = Limp Noodle Legs!!! Gotta love it! Let me know how it works out for you!

I have my qualms about Body Pump and the other Les Mills classes I have taken. I think lots of people can get injured doing those classes. It makes me very nervous watching others in Body Pump. Just a little soap box I won't bother you with. However, it does lean you down!
  • Cole4248
    Cole4248 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get sore spots in the pelvic seat though? It kinds hurts to sit on the bike seat again the day after a spin class. :ohwell: I see so many people in there with just regular shorts on all the time! And bike shorts are so expensive :-\ Maybe I'll have to see if I can find a seat that fits universally.

Try using a gel cover for bikes, and instead of just sitting down on the bike, you have to go a sort of sweeping motion onto the seat while doing jumps (hense the urgent need to disinfect before and after useage, :laugh:

LOVE SPIINING!!! I try to do it at least twice a week, and yes it kicks my butt and my A.M. class wipes me out by afternoon time.
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one who gets wiped out by that class... I take an 1130 class and I am toast by 3pm... but I wont give it up :)