My Friend led me to this site

Options
Hi My name is Kellie Manning and I joined this site about 2 weeks ago.
My friend Gwynne told me about it. I thought what the heck I need to get back on my goal of losing weight. I want to be a healthy weight again. I gained alot of weight during my dysfunction marriage ( about 60 pounds)and then had the loss of my mom the weight and blood pressure shot up.
I am now divorced and remarried the most wonderful man in the world Jim. God was looking out for me and also for Jim and he brought us together. My life with him has been one adventure after another but it took over 30 years to find my true soul-mate. Jim was also a Phys Ed Couch, played sports most of his life and in shape...I feel outta shape next to him. He loves me as I am but I need this for me. I want to look and feel better and be healthy.I love this site and seeing what I eat and what I need to eat more or less of in my food journal. I did find out I need to eat more potassium each day. I get excited when I get up and weigh myself and see the pounds melt off. I love keeping track of the foods I eat. I still have alot to go my short term goal is 28 and my longterm goal is 57
I hope to get some ideas, recipes inspiration from this site meet new friends for advice and help.

Have a super week,

Kellie

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! :) you'll do great!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i wish you the best of luck add me for support if you like
  • coffeegal72
    Options
    welcome :) You can do it!
  • Addieloggins
    Options
    Welcome, Kelly. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some extra support!
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great story & a good reason to get healthy: more years with your new love! Feel free to add me, we're about the same age. :)