Substitute for powdered sugar?

Options
Does anyone know of something I can use as a substitute for powdered sugar? I use splenda for regular sugar but not sure about powdered sugar. Or, if anyone has a low cal recipe for a frosting for pumpkin bars, that is what I'm trying to make! Thank you:happy:

Replies

• Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    They have recipes for splenda frosting! I'll try and find the one I used, it was delicious(:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but you could just lightly dust the top with powdered sugar, and forego the frosting...
  • shtaylor
    Options
    SWEET" N" LOW has a sugar free whipped frosting mix.:smile:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is one. I wouldn't use artificial sweeteners on a baked good ick I would use the real thing, just not as much. Or if you want - it's not the same but you can mix it with cinnamon. Still a great taste, but less of the sugar. And cinnamon helps control the insulin response a bit.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners are very bad for the body. They are all unnatural chemicals that are toxic. You really are better off using natural sugar and just having a smaller portion.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of something I can use as a substitute for powdered sugar? I use splenda for regular sugar but not sure about powdered sugar. Or, if anyone has a low cal recipe for a frosting for pumpkin bars, that is what I'm trying to make! Thank you:happy:

Found this Using Agave Nectar

1 - (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
    1/3 - stick unsalted butter, room temperature
    1/2 teaspoon - vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon - ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup - Domino® Organic Light Agave Nectar
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    So true Artifical is worse. I found baking with Natrual sweetners like honey agave and real maple work great too
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I use stevia. It comes in different brand names:

Truvia
    Stevia in the Raw
    Pure-Via

but stevia is a plant that is naturally sweet, its a substitute wihout being an "artificial" sweetner.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    You could do a cream cheese honey spread. 1/4 cup of honey and 1 package of cream cheese. The more it mixes thought, the more liquidy it will turn. So becareful to NOT over stir/blend.

I got this from Bettycrocker.com. In the recipe they add orange zest too. Check it out. Search "cream cheese honey spread"