Running NSV

Options
Ok so I ran my first 5k today and needless to say I have completely surprised myself. I've never been a runner. This week I ran 2 miles in 23:26 seconds on one day and then on another day I ran 2 miles in 22:22. Today was the first day I've ever ran more than 2 miles and I finished my first 5k in 32:36! Very, very proud of myself. Oh, and I ran the whole time - never walked once!!! Yeah, I'd definitely call that an NSV!!

Replies

• chubbyandawkward
    Options
    Well done!
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    brilliant!! keep it up! running is the best!
  • foodluver27
    Options
    great job! I love to run too but I am slow and hoping to increase my speed with time. My husband and I did couch to 5k last year and I did my first 5k at a turkey trot we have here. Going to do turkey trot again this year and have been keeping up with the running off and on but getting serious about it again..good luck to you on all of your running experiences :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic. well done
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Great job!
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had a running NSV today as well. I ran for 4.7 miles in 1 hour... YEA and I remember when running for 5 min was difficult.
    Keep up the great work!

Tracy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!