Is weighing yourself that important?

Options
I've always been one of those ppl that hates weighing in every week due to never being satisfied with what the scale says! :frown: So my question... is it possible to follow this program without weighing in every week and just going off measurements?

:drinker:
Cheers,
S.

Replies

• swells27
    Options
    I've always been one of those ppl that hates weighing in every week due to never being satisfied with what the scale says! :frown: So my question... is it possible to follow this program without weighing in every week and just going off measurements?

Cheers,
    S.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    sure why not!!!:flowerforyou:
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! It helps keep you on track! I think it helps well atleast when your weights going down!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, measurements are a much more accurate indicator of your progress. Fat is less dense than muscle and takes up more space- therefore if you're getting healthier, the muscle starts to replace the fat. weight doesn't indicate progress, but if you're losing inches, you know you're doing something right!
    :flowerforyou:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Cheers,
    S.

I prefer measuring over weighing. I have lost 10 lbs a month using this site, and I know that because of the scale, but I am more proud of the 11 inches of my waist, etc. There are weeks where the scale stands still and will play mind games with you - it is not worth it to me. I prefer to measure. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    so how often do you measure? I currently measure once a month. but am wondering if I should perhaps do it more frequently - though want to avoid the "not enough progress" gloom...
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    so how often do you measure? I currently measure once a month. but am wondering if I should perhaps do it more frequently - though want to avoid the "not enough progress" gloom...

I measure every 2 weeks.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Do whatever works for you. There are no hard fast rules here. I used to weight myself very frequently but it was making me crazy. I do it now once a month and I don't always worry about that. The tape measurer and how your clothes fit is a better indicator of weight loss anyway.
  • swells27
    Options
    Well perhaps every once and I while I can weigh in, but I'm going to continue using a measuring tape and how my close fit for my weight loss! :happy:

I figure once a month should be sufficiant!!

Good luck to all, and looking forward to hearing about your success! :)

Cheers,
    S.
  • swells27
    Options
    PS.... thanks for your input everyone! :wink: