PR in my 5K this morning

PatientBearTiger
PatientBearTiger Posts: 475
edited October 3 in Success Stories
This morning, I ran my 2nd 5K since starting MFP last December. I did a 5K in March and another one today. Between the two, I did three sprint triathlons and a 10K. I set a new personal record for myself this morning by finishing in 26:10.6. VERY happy about that and wanted to share. However, the real reason for my post is that YOU can do it too. Make up your mind to set a goal and achieve that goal. There are many, many people here who will support you along the way. I know the support I have received from my MF(P)ers has been invaluable.

Decide what your goal is, then go out there and do it. Rawr.

Replies

• RAWR!

super super proud of you!

:drinker:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Rawr...You are my newest hero!!! You totally rock!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Great work! My time is currently sitting at 33-34 minutes... :) but I am working on it!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Inspirational! Must book that first 5K race and stop putting it off...
  • i'm super happy for you..thanks for your motivation. I will do my first race next weekend..I'm super nervous and I'm not a runner. I t will be 10 k and I'm not sure what should be my first goal since I'm not a runner.. my dream is run a full marathon before my 30's ( i don't have much time left :( ).oh well..wish me lucky :)
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Congrats on hitting your PR!!! Isn't it phenomenal!!!

Like you, I'm a runner...and since MFP... I've been PR'ing in every race I've entered this year based on my non-weight loss journey last year. It's a wonderful feeling!

Keep up the great work =)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Proud of you.
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Rawr to you!! Awesome job! And you are right...anyone can do this if they set their mind to it! With all the support here, it'll be easy, peasy to reach your goals!
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Purrrrrr. Excellent job babes, so incredibly proud of you!!!!

Xooooooooooooox
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I'll keep you in the back of my mind when I do my 5k in two weeks. :)

Rawr! Happy to support such an awesome Bear Tiger. ♥
  • That is really great. It's rewarding to see people set goals and achieve them, congratulations and RAWR !!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    nice!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yayyyy! You go BearTiger!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!