Trouble meeting calorie requirements

Options
So MFP has me at 1,200. I eat 3 meals a day with a few snacks and I only drink water. My goals are also set to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. Generally I get very close to meeting Carbs and Protein and I am normally at 1,100 calories for each day. It is also common for me to go over fiber by 1 or 2 points. I do not feel hungry throughout the day either. Of course that red message pops up about starvation mode and it concerns me.

I feel fine, I get a good nights sleep, not tired during the day, my weight is dropping at a nice pace of 1.5 lbs to 2 lbs a week. I alternate cardio workouts and strength workouts. I can also feel my muscles growing, I am getting stronger.

Should I just not concern myself with the red message about starvation mode? Since everything seems to be good?

Replies

• JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Im no expert, but I guess "If it aint broke, dont fix it!" ?????
  • shtaylor
    Options
    D I T T O !!!!!!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    not sure what your ht/wt is and if a consistently caloric intake of 1,100 is alright or not.

meeting your daily cals are easy with calorically dense foods

nuts
    nut butters
    oils
    avocadoes
    full fat dairy
    pasta
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    not sure what your ht/wt is and if a consistently caloric intake of 1,100 is alright or not.

nuts
    nut butters
    oils
    avocadoes
    full fat dairy
    pasta

CW:185
    HT: 5'4

Was at a high of 230 last year. I eat a lot of dairy, normally low-fat though.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

nuts
    nut butters
    oils
    avocadoes
    full fat dairy
    pasta

you can likely lose weight on 1800ish cals a day then when that slows then lower. when you start with a huge deficit you run into problems when/if you plateau, since normally the answer is lower cals unless you're already consuming so little cals it really isn't feasible to cut more cals out
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options

nuts
    nut butters
    oils
    avocadoes
    full fat dairy
    pasta

you can likely lose weight on 1800ish cals a day then when that slows then lower. when you start with a huge deficit you run into problems when/if you plateau, since normally the answer is lower cals unless you're already consuming so little cals it really isn't feasible to cut more cals out

thanks.

I think I will just stop using 'lite' this and 'light' that and use regular versions of everything, at least to start with, and then see how it goes.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    thanks.

I think I will just stop using 'lite' this and 'light' that and use regular versions of everything, at least to start with, and then see how it goes.

Excellent plan. Those "lite" versions of things are usually more processed anyway. Best of luck.