Quotes. .. mottos. . . mantras. .. .

Options
2»

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    "Some people are like slinkies....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but laugh when you see one tumble down the stairs."~anonymous

¨In my world everyone is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies¨~Katie(f​rom Horton Hears a Who)

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." ~Winston Churchill

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." ~Benjamin Franklin
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    I would rather take a chance and jump into the unknown than continue on a road to nowhere (me)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    "Some people are like slinkies....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but laugh when you see one tumble down the stairs."~anonymous

¨In my world everyone is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies¨~Katie(f​rom Horton Hears a Who)

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." ~Winston Churchill

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." ~Benjamin Franklin

Really great quotes. . . love them~
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I've got a shirt that I wear to the gym, it says "Shut Up and Train"
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
  • Hernandezedw
    Options
    "Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics. You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today."

- Lawrence Strauss

I like the end of this one.
  • food4thought7
    Options
    Since I walk/jog/run (ha its always some random combination) but anyways with that my favorite motto is dead last finish is greater than did not finish which greatly beats did not start. and after a while i began to realize it applies to most in life!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    You can tell the character of a man by the way he treats those who have no value to him.

When argueing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing.

Marriage is 50/50. 50% of the time your wrong. The other 50% she is right.

If it won't matter in five years, it is not worth fighting your spouse about now.

You know you'r spouse birthday, you don't know her death day. Treat her like every day is her birthday.

You can't argue when your kissing or making love.

Inside of me is a man who weighs 155 and has 3% body fat screaming to get out. I can shut him up though with pizza and beer.

It's better to have a small tool than be a big one.

OMG Iove all of these.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    "Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics. You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today."

- Lawrence Strauss

Love this!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.

You really can't beat a good Outsiders quote. Awesome
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    "You gotta get that look back, Rock. Eye of the tiger, man"

--Apollo Creed

"To all my love slaves out there: Thunderlips is here. In the flesh, baby."

--Thunderlips
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis.

...and the one in my signature
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    "What’s great about this country is that America started the tradition where the richest consumers buy essentially the same things as the poorest. You can be watching TV and see Coca-Cola, and you know that the President drinks Coke, Liz Taylor drinks Coke, and just think, you can drink Coke, too. A Coke is a Coke and no amount of money can get you a better Coke than the one the bum on the corner is drinking. All the Cokes are the same and all the Cokes are good. Liz Taylor knows it, the President knows it, the bum knows it, and you know it.." - Andy Warhol
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    "In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

Love this quote so much I had it tattooed on my ribcage, right next to my heart...
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    "Just do it."

I know, I know - sooo 1990. But I've found that when I am over-thinking my workout or just not looking forward to it (or anything really) It's helpful to take on this attitude - just do it, you know it's good for you, you know you should, so stop whining, don't think about it, and just do it.