Disneyland nutritional info?

Options
I am guessing no one has it, since the DL website says they don't give it out... But we're going in a few weeks and I'd love to try to keep track of what I'm eating while I'm there. Anyone with any information? Nothing except Dole Whips in the database! Thanks!

Replies

• PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    OMG I'M TOTALLY WATCHING THIS POST!!!! I'm going at the end of December, so I totally get it. =D

At the moment I'm just assuming that every single thing I eat is 300 calories, even if it's just a lollipop. Lol.
  • adrianneboyd
    Options
    Use your best judgement. Drink plenty of water and make sure you choose things a little healthier than the other options. Cut back on the salty things and deep fried anything. Walking around the park all day will help keep thinks in balance.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    They don't give it out? What are they hiding?
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    maybe you could just dance or do aerobics in between all the attractions to get your burn number up? If you're wearing one of those hot, heavy mascot suits, you'll increase your burn too, and you'll fit right in!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Make sure you go on the teacup ride!
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    lol, last time I went to Disneyland I just logged brand-name foods, fruits/veggies, and pineapple Dole ice cream (from the Tiki Room!! It's actually on MFP lol). Everything else I just guestimated. :P

@artimiasacorn, Disneyland doesn't serve food from restaurant chains so they have no obligation under California law to list their nutrition info on their menu. What incentive would they have to do that anyway? People would just buy less food.
  • esmecgg
    esmecgg Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    We went a couple of weeks ago. Back in Toontown we found some basic turkey sandwiches which I'd guess didn't do too much damage. I think that and a coffee was the only thing I ate in the park (we only did one day). Plus you walk around all day which is probably good burn. I gave up and didn't log while there.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I know at Disney World you can bring in your own food and drink. We took a backpack that had a cooler liner. We took tons of water, some powerade and healthy snacks that way we didn't eat AS much. Then I just tried to make smart decisions after that.
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was just there a few weeks ago and while it was awesome to see fruit and water stands mixed in with the unhealthy ones it was difficult to get a healthy meal! I ended up at a Mexican restaurant where I was able to get some grilled fish from one area of the cafeteria and have them add it to a tostada salad minus the shell on the other side of the cafeteria. I would really recommend bringing snacks/lunch if at all possible since healthy food really isn't what they are serving!
  • happymommy40
    Options
    We always brought food in so I never checked for NI. They do allow you to bring in your own food in small coolers so I would pack stuff for my family. Actually my husband would eat the fried corn dog, but the rest was healthy snacks. However, we live 30 minutes away so this was pretty easy to do. I did see some healthy options at the park, but the corn dog is definitely not one of them. There is plenty of fresh fruit there and some sandwiches looked decent.
  • couchanimal
    Options
    I usually end up adding a similar item from the database and hope for the best. The portions are pretty generous so you can always share too. (The Cajun chicken salad from the French Market is my personal favorite, btw)

Also if you haven't already seen it, this is worth the read: http://www.mouseplanet.com/7278/Dieting_at_Disneyland

The site also has menus so you can do planning etc. Have a great trip!
  • kloquinn
    Options
    We're bad when we go, eating at nice places every night... But I figure that might actually be easier than the fast food places there, since at least 1) I have a few minutes to think about it and 2) there are probably some healthier options at the sitdown places than fast food places.

If anyone is able to snag any info lemme know!!
  • davidaustin1973
    Options
    You know what. I'm going tomorrow and I'm going to take my scale and weigh the ingredients of the salad I always get. I'll dissect it and post the values on the site. I always go to the pizza port in tomorrowland and get the

Starfield of Greens featuring Ocean Spray® Craisins® Brand
    Mixed greens topped with tomatoes, blue cheese, caramelized walnuts, Craisins® Dried Cranberries and golden raisins with a basil-vinaigrette dressing
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm going in September. I'm going to be sensible but i'm also going to enjoy it, how often am I going to get to go to Disney! :smile: :drinker:
  • atsang10
    Options
    I was just there yesterday. I ate at the Plaza Inn restaurant. I didn't expect it to be so difficult to get nutrition info on any food in the park. I thought it wouldn't be that difficult for them to calculate what nutritional information the food they serve on their property is. It's not about what their responsibility under the law is either. They are in the hospitality business. Providing this kind of information is just another thing they should be doing for their guests. They have professional award-winning chefs throughout their properties. It would a simple matter for anyone of them to perform this kind of calculation.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Why did you

rise_from_your_grave.png.html
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you can figure out some way to get Disney to fess up and tell people what is in the food they serve, please let me know.

They just will not. They'll smile and lie and politely say they don't have it, but they won't tell you.

One of these days, I'm going to ask someone who works in F&B for the info I want, lol.

I just bring my own food now. So much cheaper, anyway.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    kloquinn wrote: »
    I am guessing no one has it, since the DL website says they don't give it out... But we're going in a few weeks and I'd love to try to keep track of what I'm eating while I'm there. Anyone with any information? Nothing except Dole Whips in the database! Thanks!

Well, remember that you'll be doing a generous amount of walking around Disneyland just to get from point A to point B.

If there is a fruit- or veggie-based option for your treat, go for that.
    If you are having a sandwich, go for the whole-grain bread if it's available.
    Drink plenty of water (if you can take a bottle of it in with you, do so).

While bringing your own food is indeed cheaper, be prepared to have your hand stamped (so you can re-enter the park later), as you will have to keep it in the vehicle until you are ready to eat.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    you will have to keep it in the vehicle until you are ready to eat.
    Have you ever been there? They don't make you keep your food in your vehicle.