Fat Flush Soup Diet?

Options
gwenmf
gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
Has anyone tried this/ It was in women's world. A friend told me about it, tried it for 4 days and lost 4 lbs. It's not a fad diet exactly. It's a soup that has 315 calories per serving (3 cups!!!). You also eat veggies, fruit and protein. I'm doing fine with my weight loss, but the soup looked great - so I'm thinking..why not?

Replies

• Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. =)
  • amyjknight
    Options
    You can't go wrong eating healthy like that.....and healthy calories make a whole lot more difference than the same amount of calories eating processed junk. I always loose more when I eat only veggies, fruit, and lean meats.
  • savvynurse
    Options
    what was the soup? recipe?
  • wormzmom
    Options
    One of my coworkers did this, and the only problem was she is diabetic, so wasn't enough protein allowed to keep her blood sugar from acting funny, so if u have any chronic health issues like that, it may not be a good idea. She complained that she was STARVING the whole time too lol!
  • efriling
    efriling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    As long as you're eating those other things I would think it'd be fine, especially with cooler weather coming, warm soup is nice and helps up your water intake. I would just make sure that the sodium isn't too high (not sure if this is a homemade or pre-packaged soup). Best of luck ;)
  • gwenmf
    Options
    To give proper credit - it comes from one of my most favourite magazines "Woman's World" Oct 3, 2011 edition. There's a meal plan to follow in that you basically have a high protein breakfast (I have 2 scrambled eggs with cheese or protein shake with fruits), and soup for lunch and dinner. Snacks that are allowed (2 daily) are unlimited veggies with salsa, Garden salad with 1 tsp olive oil and fresh lemon or vinegar to taste, 1 hard boiled egg/unlimited veggies and 1 piece of fruit.

It also says if you're not in the mood for soup at dinner you can substitue 5oz lean protein (such as eggs, fish, chicken or beefo) and 2 cups veggies prepared with 1 stp olive oil; add herps and spices and lemon juice as desired.

The article speaks to some of the slimming ingredients - the protein that is included which boost metabolism by 25% post-meal (there's 31g of protein in 1 serving of soup); Onions (loaded with chromium) which helps improve levels of fat storage hormones; Beans = fiber (stabilizes blood sugar which reduces the amoutn of fat-storage hormones our bodies make); cayenne - studies show that they boost metabolism up to 20% for up to 30 minutes; parsley and cilantro - they help relieve bloating by flushing out toxins and they're also loaded with antioxidants; garlic - studies show that a compound in garlic called allicin may prevent pre-fat cells from turning into full blown fat cells and tomatoes - rich in vitamin C and they also help burn fat 25% faster!

So here is the recipe my friends... it is yummy. I did it with lean ground beef this time but will try chicken next. It's a very hearty and filling soup!

- 2 tsp. olive oil
    - 1 1/4lbs lean ground beef, turkey or shredded chicken
    - 1 onion, chopped
    - 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    - 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    - 8oz mushrooms, chopped
    - 1 (14oz) can of crushed tomatoes (I used organic canned tomatoes)
    - 1 (32oz) bottle reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable cocktail juice (I used the veggie juice)
    - 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
    - 1 (14oz) can beans, rinsed and drained (since it didn't specify I used an organic mixed bean can)
    - 1 Tbs ground cumin
    - 1/8 tsp cayenne, or to taste
    - 1/4 cup each fresh cilantro and parsley, chopped

In a stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high setting. Sauté meat/poultr until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. (I didn't use oil to cook my meat but rather to sauté next mix)

Sauté onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes.

Stir in remaining ingredients, except cilantro and parsley. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and parsley. Cover; simmer 10 minutes longer. Store soup in refrigerator up to 5 days. Freezes well. Makes 16 cups. 1 Serving = 3 cups (I have 2 cups and I'm full).

Nutritional info: Servings 5 (I guess this is how many servings the recipe makes). Per serving
    Calories: 315
    Fat: 9 g (2g saturated)
    Chol: 65.8mg
    Protein: 31g
    Carbs: 30g
    Sodium 1,185
    Fiber: 8g

The article speaks to long term results ... after a week or so on this plan, begin incorporating more variety. Opting for lots of lean protein and veggies plus a little good fat (such as nuts and olive oil) at most meals is key to ongoing success. You can also add a few daily servings of fiber-rich carbs (such as oatmeal, beans, sweet potato, brown rice). For more menus and recipe ideas, chec out any book in Ann Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Series.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I posted this last week. I must have misunderstood the directions. I was under the impression that you could only have (1) fruit as a snack or a boiled egg or a salad or unlimited veggies w/ salsa and we were to pick 2 a day along with 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites mixed in veggies for breakfast. I eat my daily requirement of fruits and veggies everyday, but when I was trying to stick to this diet, I was all thrown off on my veggies and fruit. I went shopping and found myself very lightheaded .... not sure why.... but I am assuming that it is because even though I ate 2 servings each of this 3 cups per serving soup, I was really under on my calorie intake those few days. I didn't quit the soup, IT IS A GREAT TASTING SOUP...... but I did freeze a good portion of it....in 3 cup portions... and I intend to feed my husband , along with myself with each 3 cup portions and I went back to my regular eating. I am having great success with just my daily fruits and veggies along with my oatmeal and lean meat w/ veggies and a small portion of brown rice or sweet potatoes / regular potato. I have been able to balance out my days along with my exercising to stay in the green with my calories, carbs, and fat. Those are very important to me. This soup is great, but it really threw me off and it is a good thing I lost when I first started it because for the first time since my journey began, I think I stalled on my weight loss. Back to plan ( A ) for me...... But I will eat the soup, occasionally for a nice , hot , bowl of what I think tastes like chili! :wink:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I did a simular soup diet a few years ago as did a few of my friends. The soup is tasty but after a while we got get sick of it. I would make it and add it to a balanced diet in moderation.
  • gwenmf
    Options
    I posted this last week. I must have misunderstood the directions. I was under the impression that you could only have (1) fruit as a snack or a boiled egg or a salad or unlimited veggies w/ salsa and we were to pick 2 a day along with 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites mixed in veggies for breakfast. I eat my daily requirement of fruits and veggies everyday, but when I was trying to stick to this diet, I was all thrown off on my veggies and fruit. I went shopping and found myself very lightheaded .... not sure why.... but I am assuming that it is because even though I ate 2 servings each of this 3 cups per serving soup, I was really under on my calorie intake those few days. I didn't quit the soup, IT IS A GREAT TASTING SOUP...... but I did freeze a good portion of it....in 3 cup portions... and I intend to feed my husband , along with myself with each 3 cup portions and I went back to my regular eating. I am having great success with just my daily fruits and veggies along with my oatmeal and lean meat w/ veggies and a small portion of brown rice or sweet potatoes / regular potato. I have been able to balance out my days along with my exercising to stay in the green with my calories, carbs, and fat. Those are very important to me. This soup is great, but it really threw me off and it is a good thing I lost when I first started it because for the first time since my journey began, I think I stalled on my weight loss. Back to plan ( A ) for me...... But I will eat the soup, occasionally for a nice , hot , bowl of what I think tastes like chili! :wink:

I plan on keeping with my program on here...but thought it looked really tasty and since it was a "fat flushing" soup, it couldn't hurt to use it for a few meals thru the week. Especially with the weather getting cold..........but instead today I made homemade veggie soup....mmmm it's yummo!
  • chazzi1969
    Options
    I started on this plan last week, Wednesday to Friday (but only using the soup not doing the whole Cranwater and Hot Lemon) I ended up losing almost 7lbs last week.

This weekend we had our Thanksgiving Dinner this and I allowed myself to enjoy it. Started back again on Tuesday, will be weighing in on Saturday will post my results. So first two days were as follows:

Started again on Tuesday and this time followed the recommendations in the book with the CranWater and Hot Lemon. I decided that I was going to make it easier for myself with a Shake in the morning; two eggs as snacks and soup for Lunch and Dinner, of course lots of water and still sticking to my workout plan.

Tue - felt a little tired and sluggish
    Wed - Big headache, I believe body was detoxing; also had intense craving for sweets
    Today - No hunger, had to force myself to eat my snack; am eating my soup for lunch and 3/4 way am stuffed; feel really energetic today.
  • northernlights907
    Options
    Yaknow I was thinking of trying this, but I dont understand why they didnt specify what type of beans to use!
  • mydogmurphy
    Options
    I saw the same womans world magazine and I did try the soup. It tastes amazing and is very filling. There was no way I could eat 3 cups of it at a time so I only had 2 cups. I ate it for 3 days in a row for lunch and supper and in that 3 days I lost 2 lbs. Its not something I would want to eat for 10 days like it says but for the 3 days I did do it....it worked. Lots of peeing and tooting.
  • mydogmurphy
    Options
    I made it and used pork and beans so I could get the extra tomatoe. My friend also made it and used green beans.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I'm on my second batch of soup... i ate it for 4 or 5 days straight because i live alone and that recipe makes A LOT!! But i didn't see a significant weight loss of any kind. Its just a really delicious recipe so i made it again!!! :)
  • am_leiker
    Options
    My mother-in-law tried it and told me about it. She said she needed to add some extra seasonings and spices because it was too bland for her, but she lost 4 pounds in 4 days. Sounds like a good recipe so I think I'll give it a try even if I don't see a huge drop in weight.
  • chazzi1969
    Options
    I use the beans with the highest amount of fibre and run them under cold water for quite some time, find that helps with the gas and bloating. (Navy Beans; Black Beans and Lentils)
  • arezou_vancouver
    arezou_vancouver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump for the recipe
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Someone else posted about this and said that it was really good and they had lost a couple of lbs so far.
  • aliciaarol
    Options
    Why do I feel like EVERYONE on this planet (even the woman who designed this Fat Flush soup recipe) HAS TO LIE! This Fat Flush soup recipe DOES NOT make even close to 16 cups. I followed the recipe EXACTLY (2x I might add), & BOTH TIMES, it ONLY yielded BARELY 8 cups! (I have noticed that other people have found this to be TRUE, as well, yet NOBODY out there is ANGRY about it?) Why does this Ann Louise person EVEN GET AWAY WITH SUCH A BLATANT LIE that’s all over the Internet, not to mention FEATURED IN A WIDELY CIRCULATED MAGAZINE LIKE WOMAN’S WORLD? Not that the following FACT has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with soup, but my “beef” is with the RIDICULOUS LIE-not with the soup that was actually quite TASTY: Julianne Hough ADMITTEDLY did not either WRITE or CO-WRITE a single song on her debut album, yet a few of her fans believed otherwise, nobody corrected those 100% MISTAKEN fans, & that LIE spread like wildfire (across the Internet) just like this Fat Flush Soup recipe is listed on NUMEROUS websites as a recipe that yields a whopping 16 cups of soup. For a POOR person such as myself, there is a tremendous difference between ALL those ingredients providing me with approximately 5 meals VS. ALL those ingredients (& LEAN MEAT is not cheap-neither is vegetable juice) ONLY providing me with approximately 3 meals!
  • eveydunton
    eveydunton Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump