BIGGEST LOSER - Bob's meltdown!

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    i can't find biggest loser - when did the new season start and when does it come on???
    i love that show!
    NBC 7-9 Central time:flowerforyou: Oops..lol Tuesdays
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    BOB WAS AMAZING!!!!! She (joelle) was not pushing herself and you could see it!
    Was reading a few of the comments made by viewers just under the video....

Here's one....

"Joelle is every person who thinks they're doing everything they can, but really isn't. She's also every person who stops just short of success.

I do hope she learns from this. I know I have."

Thought that was a pretty interesting comment...I didn't watch it last night....but the comment up above makes sense...so often we stop short of 'arriving' and we are so much closer to our goals than we realize. To keep pushing ourselves through the tougher things in life even when we think we just plain can't go another step (and yes this can relate to anything in life)...to push forward is always so rewarding, we can look back and feel success.:drinker:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My favorite part was at the weigh in when Bob said that he had been posessed by Jillian! I almost died laughing! That was priceless! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I think she pushed him too far- he already said he spends more time with her than anyone else- even when he had her doing step ups she kept talking like im gonna do it im gonna do it- instead of talking she needed to do it- not to mention next week her friend is obviously ticked at her for not really putting in the effort that she needs to be putting in- So many people would love to have that opportunity and she isn't pushing herself to the max cause she is too damn busy talking about what she is going to do rather than just doing it. but thats my opinion- i think she needs to shut up and do work plain and simple and she is lucky she doesn't have Jillian as a trainer
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    i can't find biggest loser - when did the new season start and when does it come on???
    i love that show!
    NBC 7-9 Central time:flowerforyou: Oops..lol Tuesdays
    Actually, I think it's 7-9 everywhere because I'm on MST and it comes on at 7. Plus, I was on here at the beginning of the show and noticed that some people were already talking about what happened.

And as to Joelle, my opinion is that if Bob was asking her to stay on there for 30 seconds, she should have stayed on for 32 after he said something the first time. Like the other kid who was working with Jillian and kept telling her to put his treadmill higher - that's pushing it!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think she pushed him too far- he already said he spends more time with her than anyone else- even when he had her doing step ups she kept talking like im gonna do it im gonna do it- instead of talking she needed to do it- not to mention next week her friend is obviously ticked at her for not really putting in the effort that she needs to be putting in- So many people would love to have that opportunity and she isn't pushing herself to the max cause she is too damn busy talking about what she is going to do rather than just doing it. but thats my opinion- i think she needs to shut up and do work plain and simple and she is lucky she doesn't have Jillian as a trainer

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I watched part of the show and was happy to see someone explode like that. I'm sure the contestants work harder then they ever have, but they have to work EXTRA hard for this show and to stay on it. It must have been REALLY bad for him to go off like that, so my guess...she deserved it. Plus, look what her whining got her...another week on the show. We'll see how hard she works this week.

I will say...at least she (Joelle) was brutally honest in the end when she stated she "beat out the oldest and the fatest guy on the show. That's nothing to be proud of." So true. She needs to work harder.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I think Bob was AWESOME. I was in the military and I remember in boot camp, we had one girl that whined NON STOP. Joelle reminded me of her. We were constantly yelling at the girl to "just shut the f&*# up and do it already." There is nothing worse than trying and trying and trying with all of your might to motivate someone, when you know they can do it if they just try, and they whine relentlessly and don't give it their all. Especially when others have to suffer because of their lack of effort. I dealt with that for 9 weeks of boot camp, so I totally relate with Bob. BTW, the whiny girl... she ended up not graduating boot camp. Which was for the best. I know I wouldn't have wanted her beside me in a war time situation.

And it broke my heart when Jerry had to leave and Joelle wasn't one of the contestants to be eliminated. BUT Jerry has also lost something like 60 pounds at home so far... so that's SUPER awesome!!!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Lol...I wanted to smack Joelle because that's exactly the kind of stuff I'd pull in gym class when I didn't feel like pushing myself.

Watch close--while she's being "Omg, I need to focus, I promise I'll do better!" she's essentially getting a rest break by distracting the trainer for a second. It's a sneaky combination of excuses and manipulation. Remember the step up part? Exactly that.

I was a lazy b!tch when it came to PE...there is not a trick I don't know. Plus, I taught horseback riding for awhile, so I can usually tell when people are stopping because they are stepping out of their comfort zones or because of a deeper issue.

...Oh, those days. I had a few Jillian moments. "You are getting that damn horse over that wall AND keeping your heels down, or I'll make you ride the rest of the class, jumps included, BAREBACK!!!!"
  • LYSLIV
    LYSLIV Posts: 8
    Options
    That was great!!! You can't help someone who does not do their own part. It must suck so bad to try and help someone and push them all day long and have to watch them not give their all. I really don't think she is ready and for her not to be in the bottom two just killed me. Uggghhh could not beleive it.
    I love me some :heart: Bob Harper. :heart:
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Joelle will be the next to go home. She doesn't deserve the opportunity to be there. She needs to know when to shut up! Bob was right for riding her *kitten*, but he shouldn't have used the "F" word, let alone while filming. And she was ignorant for opening her mouth advising the scale won't lie... And it didn't! After a week of working out for 8 hours daily and eating healthy low calorie meals and only losing a pound? Something else is going on with her. I wish them all the best, it takes a lot of courage to be on a reality weight loss show. :smile:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I thought the words Bob said was uncalled for and he shouldn't have gone off so much. But she did need to be pushed more.
  • aminor61
    aminor61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. I think that if you are going to apply for the biggest loser, you should be serious about helping yourself. The person that should have stayed was Carla.118163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just think....Bob is the nice one!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I love Bob and I don't think he out of line at all. She was clearly not giving it her all and giving up at the very end. Go Bob!!

-Adrienne:heart:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    While he should have taken a better approach I would be mad too. He said he spends most of his time with her and neglecting the other people who actually want to be there. They are missing out too because Joelle ran her mouth too much.

Good for Bob for standing up for everyone and boy was I mad when Jerry had to leave but I think they HAD to show how he and his wife were doing at home or people would be really upset. How awesome to see them doing so well!!
  • Shel4556
    Shel4556 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am new to the show...but WoW! I thought he was right on! She said herself she was not putting it all in! She should have left...so many people would rather be there.

I was on her side when it came to one leaving, thinking she needed the most help but not now.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Ditto:noway: I agree with you, She even makes me frustrated:frown:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just think....Bob is the nice one!!

I know, that is too funny!
  • abillings9
    Options
    While he should have taken a better approach I would be mad too. He said he spends most of his time with her and neglecting the other people who actually want to be there. They are missing out too because Joelle ran her mouth too much.

Good for Bob for standing up for everyone and boy was I mad when Jerry had to leave but I think they HAD to show how he and his wife were doing at home or people would be really upset. How awesome to see them doing so well!!

I agree!