Motel Room

Options
Hi, does anyone know the rules when it comes to minors staying in motel rooms? My daughter and her boyfriend want to go visit her father in Florida, and he does not have room for them to stay. They are both seventeen years old. If I pay for the motel room with my credit card, would they be able to check-in and stay on their own?

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Umm, I cannot reply to this beacuse I think my opinion would be considered judgemental....
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Umm, I cannot reply to this beacuse I think my opinion would be considered judgemental....

Rofl
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    I don't think so. One of my friends paid for her son to go to Florida. When the son got there they wouldn't allow him to check in. Also we were on two trips recently and they were requiring $250 deposit for anyone under 21.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    nothing to do with your question but
    WHY THE HELLZ WOULD U LET UR DAUGHTER STAY IN A MOTEL WITH HER BF?!?!?!?! she is 17 and u realize obviously she is a MINOR!!!!!!!
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You would have to consult the policies of the individual hotel. I highly doubt State laws govern this for the most part. However, the expedient solution is for the adult who is in the area to book the room.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    WHY THE HELLZ WOULD U LET UR DAUGHTER STAY IN A MOTEL WITH HER BF?!?!?!?! she is 17 and u realize obviously she is a MINOR!!!!!!!

My thougths exactly. Why does he have to go with her? The home of the person she is visiting doesnt have a couch she could sleep on just for the short time she will be there?
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know the rules when it comes to minors staying in motel rooms? My daughter and her boyfriend want to go visit her father in Florida, and he does not have room for them to stay. They are both seventeen years old. If I pay for the motel room with my credit card, would they be able to check-in and stay on their own?
    I'm pretty sure the "daughter" needs to be 18 in order to use a hotel room alone. Plus they don't run the credit card till after the stay in case of extra charges, like damages, use of mini bar, ordering pay per view, ect. So I think they might possibly turn your "daughter" away?
    Don't quote me though.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It's a good thing you didn't reply. :tongue:

You might have to call the motel and speak to the management to see if they will allow it if you sign something. Some will - most won't. Most hotels have age restrictions.
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    wouldn't a blow up mattress at her father's home be a better idea????? (and cheaper too?!)
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

My thougths exactly. Why does he have to go with her? The home of the person she is visiting doesnt have a couch she could sleep on just for the short time she will be there?

i know common i bet there is a couch or a sleeping bag that would accomadate HER... Its HER father... SHE is 17. i get they "love" eachother(mayby) but your the MOTHER she is the DAUGHTER.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

My grandparents just rolled over in their graves because I read this.

And no, even if you pay for her, you would have to show up there and sign for the room, in my experience you can't pay for a room over the phone just reserve it until you get there. While I wouldn't do this for my child personally, her dad can rent the room and they can pay in cash (but if he's the one who wants her to visit why isn't he paying?).
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Probably not. However, what if the dad was there w/ her for check-in and put in under his name and pay w/ his card there? Hotels don't care who check out. You tell them the room number and they ask if it would stay on the card that was originally swiped.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    uh . . . are you looking to become a grandmother?
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like the air mattress idea on floor. 17 year olds still need supervision. Maybe sending wrong message letting her stay in hotel with bf.
  • glitterpiss
    Options

Obviously because she is really excited about having grandchildren!
  • Johnnyswife
    Options

I doubt this is actually an adult asking this question. Probably a 17 year old trying to find out if she can rent a room on her mom's card, (or someone's card) without the person being there.
  • glitterpiss
    Options

I doubt this is actually an adult asking this question. Probably a 17 year old trying to find out if she can rent a room on her mom's card, (or someone's card) without the person being there.

Oh you may be right, but I did have a few lady friends in High School though whose parents would let them have boys over to spend the night all the time, and let the boys sleep in their rooms... This wouldn't really be too much different.
  • Johnnyswife
    Options

Oh you may be right, but I did have a few lady friends in High School though whose parents would let them have boys over to spend the night all the time, and let the boys sleep in their rooms... This wouldn't really be too much different.
    I knew a mom that did that. Also let her kids drink too. It was okay so long as it was under her roof. Than she had the nerve to be upset when her daughter got knocked up twice.:noway:

btw she changed her profile picture...she looks pretty young to me.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

I knew a mom that did that. Also let her kids drink too. It was okay so long as it was under her roof. Than she had the nerve to be upset when her daughter got knocked up twice.:noway:

btw she changed her profile picture...she looks pretty young to me.

Can't fix stupid.
This discussion has been closed.