Help! Anniversary Ideas?

Options
My husband and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary on October 31st. This year is particularly special; he and I were separated for a little over two years, and this will be our first anniversary since we reconciled last January.

I'm not worried about my eating/calorie counting for that day whatsoever, but our budget is tight right now. Dinner at PF Chang's has been something we've done a bunch of times (we always get a couple dishes and share them. Yum!) but I don't think I can justify the expense this year unless some awesome coupons or gift cards land in my wallet.

So basically, I'm looking for any ideas of something fun and inexpensive to do with him this year. We live in the greater Cleveland, OH area.

Thanks in advance for any brainstorms!

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You could take him to a Browns game. Don't they give away those tickets? :tongue:

Just kidding. Are there any places you like to eat that have offers on restaurant.com or a similar site?
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Maybe a nice picnic somewhere romantic. I'm not familiar with the area you live in, but maybe a picnic at a park or by a lake. Even if you can set the backyard up nice with some candles and cook a nice dinner. I think thats special and it means something. Just nice when you take the time to plan something and it comes from the heart.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Maybe a nice picnic somewhere romantic. I'm not familiar with the area you live in, but maybe a picnic at a park or by a lake. Even if you can set the backyard up nice with some candles and cook a nice dinner. I think thats special and it means something. Just nice when you take the time to plan something and it comes from the heart.

A park or a lake sounds great. Since your anniversary is on Halloween, your romantic dinner at home would just get interupted by little brats wanting candy
  • leezanicole
    Options
    Forgot about halloween! lol. So much for a romantic night at home!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    yep... go out so you dont have the doorbell every 2 seconds!

A picnic, some wine, a few candles... that sounds amazing to me.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    make him a cake! you can buy all the stuff you need in a dollar store :D

congrats btw!!!
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    You should check Groupon and Living Social to see if you can get any great deals at restaurants in your area :flowerforyou:
  • mmelledge
    mmelledge Posts: 150
    Options
    I'm set up on Groupon, and keeping my eyes open. The park sounds great except for the fact that by the end of the month in Cleveland it's likely going to be cold and wet! You never know, we've had snow on Halloween before.

LOL @ Browns tickets - I'm the fan in the family, though!

Thanks, and keep 'em coming!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Go to your citys visitors guide. I know Phila. has a ton of free things to do.