Zumba or Just Dance!!

Options
I was just curious to know how many people have tried Zumba or and of the Just Dance games on the Wii. I have been using Just Dance for the last few days, taking in mind I was very inactive, and it really gets me hurting and sweating. It is also so much fun to go through the dances and try to keep up. It also scores you on how well you do the moves and how much you sweat.

Replies

• TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I rented Just Dance 2 last Saturday and my kids and I did it all week! lol Yes, it IS a workout. I'm really not a good dancer, but I thought it was kind of neat how by the end of the week, I was getting pretty good at some of the songs. This week we're going to try out Just Dance Summer Edition.

I was going to try the Zumba for myself, but it was already rented out. I want to rent it first because money is tight and I don't want to buy it if I'm going to get tired of it quickly.

However, I did go to an actual Zumba class for the first time last week and it was so similar to Just Dance that I felt I had been practicing! lol
  • apee24
    apee24 Posts: 46
    Options
    I rented Just Dance 2 last Saturday and my kids and I did it all week! lol Yes, it IS a workout. I'm really not a good dancer, but I thought it was kind of neat how by the end of the week, I was getting pretty good at some of the songs. This week we're going to try out Just Dance Summer Edition.

I was going to try the Zumba for myself, but it was already rented out. I want to rent it first because money is tight and I don't want to buy it if I'm going to get tired of it quickly.

However, I did go to an actual Zumba class for the first time last week and it was so similar to Just Dance that I felt I had been practicing! lol

I am the same way, I wanted to rent the games before I bought them also because they are expensive. I just thought it was such a fun way to get in extra exercise. I also do it with my partner and kiddo, and we have a blast!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Just Dance was killer on my arms when I first started out - now I am so much stronger and I really try to match my body to the person on the screen, not just get my points in.
    I want to try Zumba soon.
  • xochi71
    xochi71 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have the Zumba on my wii. I LOVE IT!!!! Even though I am Zumba instructor that game it still makes me sweat!!! You wear the mote on a belt and it scores u on movement and shaking. Your goal is to keep the dancer green. There are 20 and 45 minute workouts with beginner and intermediate workouts. I love it! Just try it, it's worth it.
  • apee24
    Options
    I have the Zumba on my wii. I LOVE IT!!!! Even though I am Zumba instructor that game it still makes me sweat!!! You wear the mote on a belt and it scores u on movement and shaking. Your goal is to keep the dancer green. There are 20 and 45 minute workouts with beginner and intermediate workouts. I love it! Just try it, it's worth it.

omg now i know i have to try Zumba! I was worried about the belt fitting me because I have quite a tummy right now. Does the belt go pretty large?
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Is it very repetitive, though? I know they can only put so many routines in a game. Also, I'm wondering how it can be played when it's rented, unless they actually give the belt with the game.
  • apee24
    Options
    Just Dance was killer on my arms when I first started out - now I am so much stronger and I really try to match my body to the person on the screen, not just get my points in.
    I want to try Zumba soon.

My legs are killing me tonite from playing. I have lost weight in the past, but I never got sore when I worked out. I think I just wasn't pushing myself hard enough because this time around I am feeling it.
  • apee24
    Options

Is it very repetitive, though? I know they can only put so many routines in a game. Also, I'm wondering how it can be played when it's rented, unless they actually give the belt with the game.

Well I know that you can play it without the belt, but I don't know how you could be as accurate on the moves without it. I know it has a lot of hip movement involved. I have wondered about that myself. As far as being repetitive, I know that with Just Dance, it will take awhile to get the routines down. It is so much fun though that it doesn't really matter. It also has a big variety of music.
  • xochi71
    xochi71 Posts: 33
    Options
    Let me put it this way at the time I got it my waist was about about 45 inches or so and it fit me . As for being repetitive, each level has a couple of different workouts. And when you get to the intermediate and score high enough new levels open up. I am so addicted to keeping the dancer green I totally forget that I did the same routine earlier in the week. Also, from the instructor point of view, repetition is good for fine tuning movements and a better calorie burn and build muscle memory. Muscle memory is good. Repition builds technique and that shouldn't be sacrificed.

I don't know how to play it without the belt so if they don't give it to u when u rent it go but some extra long show strings and tie it around. It's worth it.