scared to shop in a normal store :)

Options
tlapdx72
tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
so my size 14's are getting way too baggy, but I am scared to try on clothes in the "normal" section....but that doesn't mean I want to gain weight to stay in my 14's either lol ;):laugh:

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    What's to be scared of? You should feel great about needing smaller clothes.
  • ASUAlumniMamaof2
    Options
    Time to go shopping in a normal store!!!!

Oh it is boatloads of fun!!! I always get excited each time I can wear a size smaller than last time! I looooooove shopping now (it seems to be all I do... ooops!)
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Go for it haven't you been waiting for this forever... I can't wait till I can shop there!
  • KarenHarper71
    Options
    I can understand how you feel. For me it would be 'what if they don't quite fit' can be disheartening. Start by trying on the 14 in the normal store. good luck and have fun
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Omg, this is so where I am at right now too! And it's intimidating walking around the mall wondering if I would fit into clothes in this store or that one...when you've never shopped in that store before because if you walk in the sales people might be thinking - what is she doing here, she can't wear our stuff! It is so hard to get out of that mind set! Totally understand ya! I've been plus size most of my life, I don't know how to shop any other way:)
  • Ajaay
    Ajaay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Shop with a supportive buddy--one who will make you try on new stuff just for fun.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Shop with a supportive buddy--one who will make you try on new stuff just for fun.

Totally! I just went shopping with a friend who used to work at the store we went to. It was a regular/plus store and I was right in the middle. I could shop from both sides! She was amazing for picking out stuff for me and two hours later, I was well stocked with winter clothes! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!