Tips for getting out of a plateau

Options
Can anyone give some tips on how I can kick start myself out of my plateau where i seemed to have stalled at my current weight.

Should I eat more or less?

Thx Clare

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? Are you sticking to your calorie goal? Do you eat your exercise calories back?

Any other helpful info?
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    this happened to me and i ate at a maintance level for 2 days then back down to my goal calories. I actual try going this once a week.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories you are supposed to eat. Increase your cardio. I've been on a plateau for a few weeks and I just upped my cardio to 45 minutes, from 35.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just pig out for a day then back on track the next day. Usually gets things moving again! :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    A lot of people suggest zigzagging, which involves eating the same total amount of cals over the week, but instead of say 1500 per day, say 1200 for a couple of days, then 1800 the next couple of days, and so on. Also, just changing what you eat. I find I tend to get in a bit of a rut, eating the same things over & over, sometimes it does you good to just change it around a bit, even if you are still eating the same amount of cals. Good luck, hope you find what works for you :smile:
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Small changes. Like increasing your calories by 200, or upping your weights. If you aren't doing weights, add some to your routine. Just do something different. The plateau means your body has become complacent with your current lifestyle.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request or message for more info :)
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just pig out for a day then back on track the next day. Usually gets things moving again! :)

I just had a night of pie, beer and karaoke and things are moving again lol So i'll second this.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is change. I stop eating the same things every day, eat more calories in the morning than later in the day, and most importantly change my workout routine. I'm usually making progress within a few days!
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This article has good info on "unexplainable" weight loss plateaus: http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2011/01/unexplainable-fat-loss-plateaus-explained.php