Low carb Atkins type approach

Options
Hi, I was wondering what peoples views are on low carb approach....I am lucky that i do eat a lot of protein, chicken, meat, eggs etc....but want a balanced diet with vegetables

Which vegetables are low carb and I can eat plenty of...

Views would be appreciated !

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Lettuce, Cabbage, Green Beans, Celery, Zucchini, Yellow squash
    Vegetables that are higher in Carbs are Vegies with a higher sugar or starch content; Carrots, Corn, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Peas, Butternut Squash, But all are better for you then White carbs. like white breads and pasta.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I low-carb, what I look for is a low glycemic index meaning that the carbs in that vegetable are primarily complex carbohydrates rather than simple sugars. So - broccoli and cauliflower yes, carrots, no. I also eat quinoa, and the sprouted bean trio from Costco. The Trio by TruRoots has 27g of carbs per serving, but 11g of that is fiber and it also has 11g of protein per serving.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    beans peas and sweetcorn along with root veg are the highest in carbs
    so eat peas beans and sweetcorn in moderation and stick to leafy veg, cauli broccoli squash etc
  • LowCarbForLife
    LowCarbForLife Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The three As: Asparagus and artichokes are other delicious veggies which can be prepared many ways. Avocados, while not vegetables, are a great addition to a low carb diet.
  • Beths8705
    Options
    Hi there I just made a low carb group on face book great recipes and amazing friends feel free to join.. its just getting started!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/299885123379827/?notif_t=group_activity