SAHM 10/1-10/31

Options
Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Since the summer months has us slowed down, we are starting monthly threads instead of weekly threads.

Previous thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/334094-sahm-9-1-9-30

Replies

• lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yaay! I haven't followed in a while, but I'm in it to win it... especially with all the holidays coming up. I started 30 DS yesterday (October 1st) and am wanting to lose 6 pounds this month.
    My body has other plans usually but I think I can do it... I'm going to concentrate on eating clean, clean, clean... and concentrating on more cardio with the 30 DS.
    Good luck to everyone with their goals for this month!!!
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :wink: :smile:
  • michelletr
    michelletr Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hi there everyone.

my name is michelle and i am sahm mom to 2 boys...who are both in school fulltime....so i'm not sure why i continue to stay home,lol. i would like to lose about 15 pounds this month...i mean i have the time to do things so i just need to get of my butt and do them.....and NO junk food which is going to be hard with hallowe'en coming up :laugh: and i am hoping to re-join the gym sometime this month...hopefully as soon as money allows.

i look forward to getting to know everyone and feel free to add me :)
    good luck everyone!
  • Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So I completed 30DS (results are here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/354870-my-30ds-results-w-pics)

I find that I have more energy to chase after my children. I've been on the tired side, but ready to get back on it!!

Hope everyone else is ready for another fine month!
  • RoseW125
    Options
    Hello!!

I am a stay at home Mom to 2 boys my oldest is in grade 2 and my youngest is in Senior Kindergarten. Please feel free to add me as your friend!!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm away from home, but am subbing to find when I return. :)
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Nicole is basking in our late autumn sunshine - 29.9 degrees C(high 80s fahrenheit) on the 1 Oct the hottest its been here at this time of year since, erm, Victorian times!! :bigsmile:

Melatonin - amazing results on 30 DS, well done to you!! I just got 6 week 6 pack today and did it for the first time, some of the exercises, particularly the side plank one are going to take a fair bit of practice I think just to work out what I am supposed to be doing, but hopefully it will help as really my midsection is the only place that still needs work.

Barb - have you finished work now? How do you feel about that?

Weekend at the in-laws this weekend - not good! i tried but so much food with unknown content, and being honest a bit of 'ah stuff it' too. Kicked my *kitten* exercising tonight, and am going to be super-strict tomorrow and workout hard again and hope it nets out ok on Tues - I'm still fighting for that maintaining for 6 weeks goal!
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    tagging for later...off to the gym for back-to-back Zumba classes!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    oh goodness...I went an entire month without posting :( sorry ladies...I'll be back to catch up!
  • Melatonin
    Options
    I do have 6 week 6 pack and I was looking to start it today but the baby was asleep and I didn't want to make a bunch of noise as I would've had to bring my laptop to the leaving room. I'm just lacking some serious motivation lately. I kicked so much *kitten* in 30DS that now i"m like phew. Ya know. The baby woke up about 10 minutes into my zumba routine and I couldn't finish it because he kept getting under my feet and makign it almost impossible to move. I can get a walk in later though :)\
    Have a great week ladies!
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tasha SAHM of 4 kids ages 13-2. I'm currently doing 30DS I start level 3 tomorrow. After that I will be doing TurboFire and continuing to jog. I wanna lose 10-15 more pounds. Mostly tone up!
  • Melatonin
    Options
    Welcome Jataijah! You look great!! You can get there!! :) Have fun with Level 3. I actually enjoyed it LOL
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Shoppie-Yes, I'm done with work and I do miss it. I was lucky enough to work with some great people!

Not a lot going on here. Just trying to get back into the groove of things. I am loving the pink I had done in my hair, but I'm going to have it done brighter, so you can see it a little better, and I did it for breast cancer awareness. Next Saturday, the 15th, my mom and me are walking in a breast cancer awareness walk, and I'm so pumped, if I remember right, its a 3.2 mile walk!

Hoping to return to my normal workout routine here very soon, I've been away from it for almost a month and a half.

Hope everyone has an awesome day! :heart:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome all newbies! :flowerforyou:
  • Melatonin
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well!

So lately my motivation has not been at the level I'd like for it to be. I have worked out, just not as much as I should. I have been under calories but not the best food choices on my days off. And the past few days have been awful for my water as well.
    However I've been able to get out of the house, do something fun, and meet new people. We just moved to the area and I know not a single person here. So I had nothing to do. So being able to get out of the house was a relief. It in turn made me realize that I was just feeling a little cramped in the house, and needed different human interaction LOL
    I also realized that I put so much into 30DS and the Sept Tribal challenge that by the time it was all said and done I was pooped!! I feel like I've had a fairly decent break from being so hardcore about it that I'm ready to get back into fully again. I'm excited!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Shoppie- I was!! We swam in the sea at Teignmouth on the 27th of September!!!! It was so nice! We also went to Dartmouth and saw the naval academy (from the river Dart) and the castle. We drove through Dartmoor and saw the Clapper Bridge at Postbridge, the Scottish Highland cattle, sheep, and the Dartmoor ponies. We stopped in Widecombe (not for the fair ;) ) and visited the House of Marbles. We walked through Stover Country Park and fed the ducks, saw trains and black swans in Dawlish, and I filled up on clotted cream, strawberry jam, and scones, and bacon and sausages! DH filled up on mushy peas and frozen toad in the hole. I also know what Oat so Simple is now too. LOL!!!

So I am back and Dh returns to work on Monday. I only gained 3 pounds in the 16 days we were away, but I feel so bloated. Not sure if it's just from the air travel, or from all the "bad" foods I've been eating. Monday I'm back to Jillian kicking my rear in BFBM. :)
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Glad you had so much fun Nicole, its quite weird reading about Dawlish etc from someone on here! 3 lbs isn't too bad at all, I'm sure you'll shift that again in no time with lots of water and BFBM!

Melatonin - it can be odd when you move off a challenge, I felt like that for a while after I finished the 30 day slimdown. I think a break is no bad thing at all, especially if you come back all geared up! What are you thinking of going on to do now?

Barb - I love the pink in your hair! I hope your walk went well :heart: Sorry that you're missing work, the people you work with are so critical to how enjoyable it is.

Kat - yes, come back and post naughty!

I have been really busy with my birthday and DS2's birthday (my baby boy is 3 now!!), the party was today and phew I'm knackered! we've had lots of fun, and I have eaten rather too much cake, but I have been kicking my butt with 6w6p and some random circuit training I've made up (skipping, star jumps, squat thrusts/ burpees etc) so fingers crossed I still maintain. I know I was down 2 lbs so I'm hoping that plus not weighing in till Tues will see me through!

For my birthday I got a zumba fitness set of DVDs and a polar FT4 :heart: Need to set up the FT4 but am so keen to give it a whirl! I am currently doing the zumba DVD that teaches you the steps - there seem to be a lot of them!!!
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry to have been MIA for the first half of the month. I have been SUPER busy!

Only about one pound loss in the last month or so....frustrated, but at leas I am not gaining. I have been switching it up with my workouts--instead of mainly step classes and running, I have switched over to 3 Zumba classes a week, the step class here and there. Last week my husband and I made a commitment to a "no soda house" for the next month to see what happens. We are still allowed to drink soda if we go out to eat or are on the road for traveling, but the case of Diet Coke that usually lives in my fridge is gone. So, a month from now we will see where we are at.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Shoppie-Thanks! I'm thinking about as my hair grows out on keeping it, but doing a different color, just to be different :smile: I've gotten so many compliments on it.

KC-So nice to see you again :smile:

Mel-Great progress pics!

Nicole-How's Jillian treating you?

Missing everyone else!!!! Hope all is well with everyone!

This past weekend, I did the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk with my mom, my friend, and my 7 year old daughter (hence the new profile pic). We walked the 3.2 miles in 1 hour and 10 mins. Then after we did the walk, my friend, my daughter, my sister and her husband went walking through 4 corn mazes (1 was about 1-2 hours, 1 was 45 mins, and then the smaller 2 were 15-20 mins). We did a lot of walking on Saturday.

Then on Sunday my hubby and i went bowling for our league and we did an okay job, still working on brushing all that rust off.
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Barb-Sounds fun!! I love your new pic!! Jillian hasn't done anything to me since I haven't done the workouts yet. I went walking with friends today and have volleyball tonight. Tomorrow I meet up with her again. :)

KC-Great job on getting rid of the soda!

Shoppie-Let's hope! I need to get back into the habit of drinking water and not tea all the time.

Volleyball starts for me again tonight and I'm excited! I've missed a few weeks whilst away, but am looking forward to playing again. Food hasn't been too bad. The candy in the house is not helping, but if I can get the exercise in then it won't be too much of a hinderance. (SP?) I've been having some lower back pain, but I think it's from lugging the carseats, hand baggage, laptops bag, and the kids' backpacks through the airports. Heathrow's Terminal 5 just about killed us entering and exiting England. It feels like miles and miles and miles, plus there's a train to connect from one point to the next. /vent :)
  • Melatonin
    Options
    Shoppie - I"m just changing it up to whatever I can fit in right now. I think the ridged stuff I was doing before was just too strict and I'm just going with the flow. Right now I"m doing the elliptical, some Zumba, and some 6wk 6pk from Jillian.

Blue - Thanks. I can't wait to take more when I'm under 200.

PNC - Volleyball sounds like fun!! Enjoy!!