Counting Calories in Spain!

Options
Hi Everyone!
I joined MFP last month but only seriously started tracking everything three days ago. I'm from Nebraska, but teach English in Spain. I have to put a little more effort into calorie counting than I orginally thought, with all the conversions, but it'll be worth it! I brought all my measuring cups, spoons and kitchen scale from home. I even brought my regular scale too, so I can't slack off! It could be a difficult year with all the wine, cheese, sangria and paella so readily available, but I hope I have the will power to resist temptation most of the time! Weight loss buddies, anyone?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Portion control is the key. Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • ABIGgirl
    Options
    It's so cool what your doing in Spain. I would love to teach over seas one day! Add me if you'd like.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHHH I love Spain. Where in Spain are you?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Where in Spain? My younger brother is teaching there now, in Salamanca.
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I´m in Fuerteventura so I know how hard it is with all of those lovely Spanish goodies around!! feel free to add me if you´d like to :bigsmile:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hola, where are you in Spain? My boyfriend is from Logroño, La Rioja and my grandmother is from Malaga.

Some pointers though, they use more of the metric measurements instead of the imperial that is usually being used in the US. Feel free to add me if you want. :flowerforyou:
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm in Socuéllamos, a tiny town about two hours south of Madrid. I love it here!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Salamanca is a beautiful city, the university is really cool! I have the northern region!