Jumped off the plateau into Onederland!

Options
Holy cow, I've been stuck on a plateau at 200 for weeks and I was starting to think it would never break. My weight has been growing steadily since 2009, and even with running a marathon in January and having a a clean diet all of my adult life, my weight just continued to creep up. So, I came back to MFP at the end of August, went gluten-free, and saw an initial loss of 10 pounds and several inches. I kept up the exercise, maintained a calorie deficit, and kept telling myself to trust in the process. For almost 3 weeks, I bobbed between 200 and 204, and then I pinched a nerve in my neck and took a week off from working out. I stopped being so strict with my calories and even had 2 days where I was considerably over my goal, but still under the number of calories needed to maintain my current weight (BMR + calories for regular daily activities). Everyone who recommends mixing things up, is so, so, so right!! Now I'm back on track. My first mini-goal was to be 198 by October 1st, and I'm now at 196. Thanks for all the support and encouragement I received during the past few weeks!

Replies

• Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    great news! congrats on reach (and exceeding) your october 1st goal :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! Thank you for sharing with us! Just living proof that mixing it up works wonders! So glad for you!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    that's great! Good to hear i've been stuck at the same weight for awhile now.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! Good for you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!