morning exercise

Options
i am having trouble fitting in working out with my busy schedule, many people has suggested getting up early and working out in the morning. I so not a morning person but am willing to give it a try. I just have one silly question, when do you eat breakfast? do you eat before you work out or after, i would imagine its not easy to work out after you have just eaten but at the same time do you have the energy to work out if you eat after you work out.

Sorry if this is a silly question :P

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I usually split my breakfast in two and eat half before I work out and half after. I know some people don't eat before they work out in the morning, but I just can't do that or else I get dizzy and nauseous in the middle of my workout. If I don't eat after my workout, then I'm usually hungry before lunch time. So splitting it in half seems to work best for me...
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4 every week day to exercise but I don't eat breakfast till around 6:30. I found though that the more intense my routine got the more I started to feel sick to my stomach. So I have now started eating just a little snack before I work out (a piece of a granola bar or something like that). It has worked beautifully for me!
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies, will try splitting it in half also, going to give it a try tomorrow wish me luck, dragging my butt out of bed at that time of the morning is going to be hard!!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i eat breakfast after. Just because i wake so early and don't feel hungry. Everything is working out good so far