CAKE RECIPE

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
OK y'all. My hubby is hankering for a cake. I have Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix. Please give me a good, healthy recipe...:ohwell:

Replies

• sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    go to Clean Eating Magazine and search Chocolate Orange Cake
    I've made it many times, it is fantastic! there may be a lot of ingredients you don't have but I guarantee you will use them up making more cakes!
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    bump
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have tried all of these except for the egg beater one...

the chocolate with greek yogurt and water is by FAR my fav!!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird, but it saves you from adding eggs/oil - you can use the cake mix you already have, add 1 can of diet coke or diet dp, mix and then cook. Cooking time is shorter so you just have to check with a toothpick to figure out when it's done. :)
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird, but it saves you from adding eggs/oil - you can use the cake mix you already have, add 1 can of diet coke or diet dp, mix and then cook. Cooking time is shorter so you just have to check with a toothpick to figure out when it's done. :)

i've only tried this with chocolate cake so not sure if it works for other kinds...
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    OK y'all. My hubby is hankering for a cake. I have Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix. Please give me a good, healthy recipe...:ohwell:

I don't know if you can come up with a "good, healthy recipe" using a cake mix. There are healthy recipes you can make from scratch, like an applesauce spice cake...
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

I don't know if you can come up with a "good, healthy recipe" using a cake mix. There are healthy recipes you can make from scratch, like an applesauce spice cake...

That's what MFP is all about! You can come here, ask for help/advice and, voila! You get it! Check it out...