New Years in October

Options
Hello,
I am sick of just existing and decided it is time for me to take charge in my life in many ways including my life style! So I decided I would post my morning weight on my facebook page for all of my 160 some odd friends to see! I am getting such an amazing support and day one when off without a hitch! The MFP app is amazing and makes it sooo easy! I am also doing the 30 day shred. my start weight yesterday am was 170.5 and my goal weight is 145. I want to reach my goal by Feb 14 (No becasue of vday but becasue it is the next milestone after New Years) Please let me know if you have any advice, stumbling blocks I should be cautious of and support!!! Thank you for taking the time!

Replies

• davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Mine would be: Don't worry about the scale number too much. I've found that people get really down and demotivated if the scale number isn't moving like they think it should. Consider how eating well and exercising is making you feel. Take a day 1 picture and compare it to a day 30 picture. Those kinds of things are a much better measure of your success then the number on the scale.
  • bonnybee
    Options
    Thanks David.. yeah I had my roomie do that lastnight... it was VERY tempting to jsut delete them.... you dont realize how much you hid in your clothes until your not in them... BLAH! I grossed my self out! Motivation right there!
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    i'm here for ya girl!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Pics are a must!!!
    Take some at the start of every month, then compare them.
    It will be motivation for when you don't see the scales change.

Take measurements :)