How quickly did you see results?

Options
Hi everyone! I joined MFP about a month ago, and have yet to see results on the scale. I haven't gained anything, but I haven't lost anything. I'm just curious, how long was it before you starting seeing/feeling some changes?

Replies

• hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Do you use a regualr scale or one that measures body fat? If you find a store that has a body fat scale as well as weight you might find you've lost fat and gained muscle?
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for about 85days or so and I have only dropped about 15ish lbs, I haven't noticed a change in my apperance AT ALL, but I FEEL tremendously better, so I am just gonna stick with it and hope one day I wake up and say HOLY COW WHERE DID I GO!!! LOL good luck on your journey hope you see results soon
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When I started to lose weight again I was stuck for two weeks on a plateau. I tried many different things to budge the scale and then someone suggested I was not eating enough calories. So I was set at 1510 calories and now try to get in 1600 but I do not eat my exercise calories and this week I have finally noticed a loss. Also I have upped my water intake quite a bit. Good luck
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing results all along. Have you been drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day? That has helped out tremendously, not only with weight loss, but with curbing my appetite as well. Don't be discouraged. Keep up all of your hard work. :)
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Losing weight and living healthy is a marathon and not a sprint. It’s not about how fast you get out of the blocks but how consistent you are over the long haul.
  • tarmacsports
    Options
    2 years. I had a $ hi%y trainer and I just did not know the right questions to ask. I ate the right foods but not in the right order or combinations with other right foods or correct amounts. I never overate and was just told to drink water and keep excercising eventually id loose weight. well i went from 215 to 237 and no it wasnt muscle. I had to go up a size in my jeans. I worked out everyday.. I finally met a supplement guy and he told me so much information i was overwhelmed. He told me i could loose 10 lbs by the end of the month easy and he was exactly right. i have known him 3 months and i went from 222 to 207 since then. My trainer thank god left at the same time so my exercises have also changed a bit. no more heavy weights to build muscle and insane high cardio. that stuff got me nowhere. !!!