My first 1/2 marathon

Options
rockstarginaa
rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
I did it! I was really feeling it at mile 9, but I pushed on and completed it in 2:27:17. The only casualty is one of my toes suffered a blister.

Replies

• hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to go.
  • robmaguire1
    Options
    Congrats. That is awesome. I am still at the 5k level, but I am signing up for my first Half Marathon tomorrow (4/22/12 Run Date).
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Also, this was my first race ever. I never ran a 5k or 10k or any other k.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congrats!!! I've been thinking about doing one next weekend. I did the Run for the Cure today and have been toying with the idea of doing one next weekend. You doing it today has inspired me to go for it :)
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I ran my first in March and I'm thinking of signing up for another one next spring. It's an amazing feeling of accomplishment, isn't it? :)
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Comgrats!!!! Its the best feeling having finished one :-)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first ... its an amazing feeling. Are you addicted like the rest of us yet? It all started with one race and now I am addicted!! Planning 3 this month alone!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing your first half marathon. Quite an accomplishment!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    That is a great time! I'm running my first 1/2 in December and that is around what I hope my finish time will be close too...and that is with me having already run some races. YOU DID GREAT! And you have plenty to be proud of!
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    Congratulations! I ran my first in March and I'm thinking of signing up for another one next spring. It's an amazing feeling of accomplishment, isn't it? :)

I can't wait to eventually run my first marathon.
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    Congratulations on your first ... its an amazing feeling. Are you addicted like the rest of us yet? It all started with one race and now I am addicted!! Planning 3 this month alone!

I definitely am. Never thought I'd be a runner!
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    That is a great time! I'm running my first 1/2 in December and that is around what I hope my finish time will be close too...and that is with me having already run some races. YOU DID GREAT! And you have plenty to be proud of!

My goal was to finish in under 2 and a half hours. I almost cried when I got to the finish line and achieved my time goal. I was afraid I'd be under trained or wouldn't finish since I self trained and never raced before. Just proves you don't need a trainer to do these things. I've lost all my weight on my own without being on a "diet," without pills/supplements and without a trainer and it feels great knowing it was 100% me :)
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Well done! you rocked it!
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment!!
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic time on your first Half! Congratulations!!!!
  • smw0130
    smw0130 Posts: 15
    Options
    That is an incredible time!! Way to go!! I'm running my first half marathon on November 5th, and am so excited! I ran 8.5 miles today, and am hurting! But it won't stop me from going further!

Any tips/suggestions on what you ate the day before and the day of? Did you use anything during the race?
  • sdtaylorXX
    Options
    Good for you! What an accomplishment! You will get the bug now! Enjoy it!
    1/2 marathons have it all...they are my favorite! Congrats!
  • rockstarginaa
    Options
    That is an incredible time!! Way to go!! I'm running my first half marathon on November 5th, and am so excited! I ran 8.5 miles today, and am hurting! But it won't stop me from going further!

Any tips/suggestions on what you ate the day before and the day of? Did you use anything during the race?

Honestly, I didn't eat any differently than I normally do. The morning of I ate a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and during the race I drank water at a few of the stops during the race. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!