Sportline S12 HRM REVIEW

Options
I got it at walmart for about $40... and its going back...

I got it because it is a heart rate monitor and a pedometer... im a dork and like multifunction and actually went to buy a pedometer in the first place... I guess it does what is SAYS it does but it doesnt continuously MONITOR your HR... it just takes it when you press it for a few seconds... I was wanting a continuous montior function...

The pedometer is AWESOME when you are continuously going but it has a 10 second lapse (it counts the steps but doesnt record them if you stop before 10 seconds) so it isnt very good for measuring your little steps... It is pretty accurate when you are going going going though... but if you want to see little steps add up, they wont.

These functions work well but like I said... it isnt the "calorie burned by HRM" kind of thing... it also doesnt have a chest strap... but I knew that from the box...

Replies

• JCMercyGrace
    Options
    Thank you. I need good reviews (whether positive or negative) for things. I'd like to find a good pedometer, however, now I see the value of HRM also. I just don't want to spend much.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I need good reviews (whether positive or negative) for things. I'd like to find a good pedometer, however, now I see the value of HRM also. I just don't want to spend much.

Thats why I was excited for the double dip feature... I am sure you can get a good HRM that does both but its not the $40 walmart one... lol
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The HRM I bought yesterday is the S7 by Sportline, also from walmart! Got this one cause it's the HRM with calorie burn monitor which is what I really wanted! Like yours it doesn't have the strap so no continuous reading.. You gotta touch for it to read. The calorie counter works based on your current hr .. So you have to check it frequently to get an accurate calorie count. Not as handy as the ones with a strap but for $49.97 I like it so far. I haven't used on my normal walk so we'll try that out today.. I did try it for an hour just driving around & sitting around & seemed like a fair calorie reading.

There was one with the strap for only $10 more but no calorie count option that I could see so I grabbed this one instead.

I'll report back after the walk :)
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    it doesnt like Jogging apparently... first mile it logged about 1500 steps... next 2 miles about 2000 (I missed the 2 mile mark notification) and 4th mile was about 1300... Jogging is in the middle parts of the workout... so I think that was a huge problem as when I was jogging it was going completely still a LOT and the HRM function would not effing work half the time... LAMENESS... again, its going back...
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just bought the one that has the chest strap and can also be used with one touch and it says on the back calorie count. I haven't used it yet but I'll let you know when I get it set up and running what I think.
  • wumba84
    wumba84 Posts: 14
    Options
    I got it at walmart for about $40... and its going back...
    lol classic and to the point. Luv it :)

[