It was soooo much easier last time!

Options
So I've been on here a month now and I think I'm doing pretty ok, I've lost about 6 lbs. The reason I joined was because I had my tonsils out in May and had dropped down to 175 from not eating (10lbs loss) but gained it all back plus some in a matter of weeks. It's so frustrating tho because just a few years ago I had dropped from 185 to 135 without ever looking at a scale! Between reducing stress, keeping busy with work, and an active relationship the weight had just melted off without me really focusing on food. Then I was pregnant with my son and gained 40lbs and continued to gain after he was born! Now I feel like I'm fighting every calorie, on my feet 6+ hours at work and barely getting anywhere. So frustrating!

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Our metabolism slows a bit as we age. I definitely notice that it's a lot harder to keep the weight off now than it was 20 years ago.
  • mimituga
    Options
    I agree!! About 5 years ago I lost over 70+ pounds, with not a lot of effort, ( I did exercise, but that too was easier then). My doctor just told me that it is just plain harder the second time around. He said your body is just thinking "you've done this before and gained it back"...So, he said to not give up...It's been over 2 months and I have only lost 13 pounds this time, but at least the numbers are going down and not up!
    Good luck and keep up the good work :)