Could someone check out my diet the last 2 days and say weth

Options
I would love someone to have a peek at my food diary and just say wether Im eating a proper balanced diet.
I am wanting to start running this week only as a beginner and hopefully build myself up.
I am determined to lose this extra lot of weight.

I need all the help I can get. Thankyou xx

Replies

• lijparsons
    Options
    You need to open your diary first.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Silly me. Done.
    Iam really serious about losing this weight and starting a new exercise programme so any advice would be just fab. I would be very greatful. Thanks x
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The food looks relatively healthy, but you're not eating enough! I don't think I've had a single day that I've eaten less than 1800 calories. I know everyone is different, but around 1000 calories a day probably isn't enough for anyone.
  • TigressStripes
    TigressStripes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're not getting enough calories. You should be eating at least 1200 calories, and if you're exercising (running, in your case), you'll need to be eating your "exercise calories" as well. Not doing so can and will put your body in starvation mode, which will cause you to gain weight rather than lose.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. It's great that you're getting in produce and protein but, you're not eating at a maintainable level. You'll probably also see better weight loss if you eat more. Seems counter intuitive I know but, it works.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good balance of fruit veggies and protein, your still under by about 600 which means you can have maybe some nuts or treats or some fruit juices, but overall I would say it looks ok!

If your running you may want to have something carby before hand some pasta or something that will release energy slowly to give you the energy for your run and your extra cals could go on that.

But nice healthy choices :) x
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I agree you need to eat more of your recommended calories especially if you're going to be working out...good luck! :)
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely diary to me! Nicely balanced and lots of fresh things! I would try to eat a little more though. I had a plateau very early on in my weight loss due to not eating enough. I then raised my intake by 200 cals per day and I noticed an immediate effect.
    Keep up all the hard work though!!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Silly me. Done.
    Iam really serious about losing this weight and starting a new exercise programme so any advice would be just fab. I would be very greatful. Thanks x

For the most part, it looks like you have your head around eating healthier and have your portion sizes under control. My first suggestion would be to go in to your Diary Settings and add Sugar and Sodium to your nutrients tracked. This will help give you a better look at your meals. Looking at your lunch, I am assuming that you are well over your sodium intake for the day based on what I've learned about soups and deli meats. Start there, then log everything like you have been doing. You will have a better idea after a week's worth of tracking. Good luck!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Deficient in fats by a good amount, unless you are weigh around 100lbs
  • Luandanielle1979
    Options
    Awww Thankyou for your good advice everyone. I will up my calories from tomorrow By 200 I will def be throwing some healthy nuts and seeds in. Thanks for your time your really nice folk :O)
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, I have not looked at your diary but I have already saw starvation mode answers....If you do a search on that you will find it is not that easy to put your body in starvation mode. I do not eat my exercise calories neither. I have done just fine. I am not starving... I have not gained my weight back.... I am saying I am a bit over 5ft and I also think that has a lot to do with it. When I first started reading people talk about starvation mode they scared me but, not any more! Just thought I would share.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I think some fresh fruit and nuts would be a good addition. Seems like your sodium might be a little high based on some of your menu items. You only have four categories set up, you can add two more. I would suggest sodium, and one other. Might as well take full advantage of all of the tracking. You water is fantastic.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Options
    Thankyou for your time x
  • Luandanielle1979
    Options
    Your pictures are lovely
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You really need to be aiming for atleast 1200 calories a day.