any others need to or have lost 100+ lbs????

Options

Replies

• Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It does feel SO FAR AWAY!! Sometimes I get a little discouraged by it. Especially when I work my butt off and don't get the results on the scale that I like. But then I look at the big picture and celebrate the changes I have made, and know that if I stick with it I will get there. I joined in Feb, but I was pregnant then and didn't really use it consistantly until about 3 weeks ago. Before that I was eating 2500-4000 or more calories of food per day, and not getting very much exercise. 3 weeks Later I am 3 weeks into C25K, I am addicted to working out, I generally stay between 1200-2000 calories per day, I can walk longer, farther, and faster. So even though I haven't lost as much as I could like to, I am still progressing. Right now I'm planning my fitness/weight-loss goals. Right now I am doing C25K, Turbo Jam, and walking. When I complete C25K, I want to continue to run 5k 3 times per week, and start Chalean Extreme, after that, 5k-3 times per week, and 30 day shred, and after that I want to do 5k 3 times per week and do Turbo Fire. After that I want to do 5k-3 times per week and p90x. By planning this all out it gives me small goals along the way to take my mind off the big goals.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I really don't think about it being a hopeless journey or one I can not do? I think it is more the "when". I guess I need to learn how to put the long term desired results in the back of my mind and try to figure out what short term goals I can celebrate. I thought it would make me feel good if I or someone noticed a difference. My daughters both said they could see a difference in my jeans. (I rarely wear jeans so I don't even remember how they fit from one time to the next and my other clothes I wear baggie so it is hard to use them to judge) I should not have let it get to me that even with the pictures I could not see what they see. Its only been three weeks. I know its not going to happen over night. Even family members who had the gastric bypass did not see IMMEDIATE results. Seems like I have to get my mind of the "Fast Food...I want it NOW"way of thinking and go to the ketchup version of "good things come to those who wait".
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I really don't think about it being a hopeless journey or one I can not do? I think it is more the "when". I guess I need to learn how to put the long term desired results in the back of my mind and try to figure out what short term goals I can celebrate. I thought it would make me feel good if I or someone noticed a difference. My daughters both said they could see a difference in my jeans. (I rarely wear jeans so I don't even remember how they fit from one time to the next and my other clothes I wear baggie so it is hard to use them to judge) I should not have let it get to me that even with the pictures I could not see what they see. Its only been three weeks. I know its not going to happen over night. Even family members who had the gastric bypass did not see IMMEDIATE results. Seems like I have to get my mind of the "Fast Food...I want it NOW"way of thinking and go to the ketchup version of "good things come to those who wait".

Honestly, for me, people are just now noticing... and I'm 100 pounds into it. But I started off EXTREMELY morbidly obese.
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've lost 140 in EXACTLY a year to the day!! No surgery. No pills. We are all here for you!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I am 11 pounds away from 100. It's been since January 17th of this year. There were times it felt soooo far away and times it's just flown by. You can do this!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    Options
    I need to instill the "slow and steady wins the race" motto. Maybe I set my goals to far ahead. I started Sept 13 and the only goal so far set is to be at or close to -60 lbs by March. I look at it being October and then start to wonder if I still want too much too soon. UGH! I will get through this. I just gotta figure out where I might see positive progress in myself.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I started off with looking for 20 gone, then 40 gone, then 50 gone, then 70 gone, then 100 gone, now I am looking for 125 gone.... I wouldn't put a time restraint on it... just work to the next goal.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    Options
    Wow...to hear all the successes so far! And to hear my thoughts about it are normal! I have tried diet after diet, but this I can honestly say is the first time I have actually put effort into. I think others are still in shock. For the most part I have already kicked the soda habit. I do stick mostly to water now and I never really took in many liquids but I have been hitting the 8 glasses of water nearly every day. I guess I have overcome so things that are good changes :)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    It can definately be done, I am working off the last 20 or 25 lbs to be at goal, I started in January 2011. My advice is take it a day at a time. In just three weeks your down 10 lbs that's better than 3 lbs per week. Not too shabby. You will be there before you know it. Just don't give up.
  • IMDABEAST
    IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Take it one day ata time. I have lost 236 and my wife has lost 125, we started on journey on Jan 2010 and you will get there. Keep the focus!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    70+ lb down so far, many more left. Feel free to send friend request. It CAN be done, you choose to say I WILL do it - that is why they call it WILLpower. Not cant, not wont, but WILL. You WILL do it. It will be worth it.

Cheering you on.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not think in terms of how much you have left to lose. Always look at how healthy you are becoming. Always look at the strength you are adding to your body. Always listen to the words of encouragement from your friends on this site. Always listen to the people who see you in real life, shrinking before their eyes, as they tell you how proud they are of you. And they will be proud. They may not use that word but they will say "wow, you've lost a lot" or "you look great"... or some other version of that. Let yourself be proud of each pound you lose.

If you do these things the next thing you will know, you're seeing MFP put your status as "logged in for 100 days in a row" - "has lost 3 pounds since his last weigh in, he has lost 50 pounds so far" ... these things are enlightening. All of a sudden you are someone you didn't know before.

Before it was all about the failures. Now, here, this time - IT IS NOT.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 99lb down and still have more to go. One day at a time, inch by inch everything's a cinch, smaller goals, rewards, whatever it takes. Some days the things that motivate don't even interest me on other days.

Good luck. You've come to the right place to do this.
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Totally doable. Just remember this isn't a diet, its a lifestyle change. You learn what's good food, and what's dangerous, or as my husband and I call "expensive" if the calories aren't worth it.

Just make sure you're sticking to calories with healthier choices and moving a little more than you're used to.

This is the first time I've lost weight without feeling deprived. And the community on here is AWESOME.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on how much you have left to lose. It will become overwhelming. Set small goals for yourself that you can achieve so you don't feel defeated and give up. When I ultimately started, I weight 298 lbs so my first goal was to be in the 280s, even if it was 289 lbs. When I hit that goal, I felt good about myself and continued doing that. I am still doing that. I still have a lot to lose but I don't focus on that. I am proud of my accomplishments and plan to stick with it. Another small goal when I started was to exercise 3 days a week (even if it was for 10 min). I continued to do that and now workout 5 to 6 days a week. Just make changes that you can stick with.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 80 down and have about 40 more to go. You can do it! I'd set a nearer goal than -60 in March. Aim for -20 first. Celebrate when you get there!
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! You made the start. Try to think of the whole process as a learning journey. Focus on learning goals ... Unless someone has a medical condition, we all gain weight cos we need to learn and grow. Learn about your own body, and teach your body, rather than it be the master, YOU take control. Learn about food how it can work for you and what you need to be healthy. Learn about your lifestyle and how you can live sustainably.

Try to focus on short term daily, weekly and monthly goals. MFP will give you a daily calorie goal, which will be inline with your lifestyle and weight loss goal. Your weekly goal can be your weight if you want. For monthly goals you might want to choose an exercise challenge, such as walk 50 miles, cycle 100, run 50 miles in a month etc... Do these challenges with other people and it can be real fun :-)

In would love to be your friend on here and we can learn and grow together :-) I still have a lot to learn and still have enough lbs to loose in order to reach my ideal weight...
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i've lost 90lbs and am going for about 135lbs and then will see if i go lower or not.

it's a VERY LONG process, but stick with it. i never though i would be here and it;s been about 9.5 mnths!
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It has only been three weeks. I THINK I am doing ok. Just wondering if others have times they seem like the end of the tunnel is SOOOO far away and wonder if/when time will be to celebrate a big success? Maybe I am just too hard on myself or still affected by all the negativity from the past.

OMG! YYEESS! There are days when I feel like It's so far away, but I set mini goals & with each mini goal that goes by I know I'm closer to a big success.
    I started with 166lbs to lose & I have lost 29 so far, in a little over 3 months. Still working it & I'm getting ready to meet another mini goal real soon, will have to go clothes shopping for new "intimate" apparel. :blushing: :bigsmile:

You are doing great! 10lbs lost in 3 weeks is excellent!
    Good luck with your goals! You can do it!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    yep. I've lost 100+ and still have another 120ish to go. yes it can be demoralizing seeing how much you still have to go. When I first started almost 2 years ago it took me over 1 hr. to walk 1 mile. I had to stop and rest alot. I also had diabetes II and I was taking 5 different medications for it. I sometimes think about it all and I get sad.

but then I remember that I no longer have diabetes. reversed it completely. off all meds, I've lost over 150+ lbs. and a few nights ago I almost beat my personal best ever pace for 1 mile. I did it in 12:34 mins. last time I got that close I was 17 and in high school. it was just barely 12 mins. I also weighed 50 lbs. less than what I weigh now. I remember all this, stop being sad and start being awesome instead.
    True story. :wink: