Is there anyone out there struggling?

Options
I have been having the hardest time these past two weeks.
Actually passed few months.

So I gained about 10LBS over the holidays
and it sucks!!!
I have been over eating way to much and
I just seem to have lost all will power.

I need an insentive or something
because I am just not getting the motivation.
My goal is to lose 30lbs by early May
But I just dont know where or how to start.
Please somebody help!

Replies

• Gabbsio
    Gabbsio Posts: 17
    Options
    I have been having the hardest time these past two weeks.
    Actually passed few months.

So I gained about 10LBS over the holidays
    and it sucks!!!
    I have been over eating way to much and
    I just seem to have lost all will power.

I need an insentive or something
    because I am just not getting the motivation.
    My goal is to lose 30lbs by early May
    But I just dont know where or how to start.
    Please somebody help!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am paying myself $10 per pound lost between now & June 1. I will use the $ to buy clothes for the summer!
    How does that sound for an incentive?
  • mommy_of_3_boys
    Options
    I am paying myself $10 per pound lost between now & June 1. I will use the $ to buy clothes for the summer!
    How does that sound for an incentive?
    That's a really good idea!
  • msvallon
    msvallon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know... I am definitely struggling with my weight loss battle. At this point I am definitely taking it one day at a time.
  • mjm2002
    mjm2002 Posts: 14
    Options
    I like the paying oneself per pound. I am doing the same but a little more extreem. When I reach my goal I'll be sheduling myself for laser eye correctio as a reward and motivation.
  • Gabbsio
    Gabbsio Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you guys....so much!

That is an incentive I can live with.lol
    Thanks you 4 the ideas and support.:heart:
  • absabatino
    Options
    I struggle every day. But I saw a picture of myself with my sisters after the Christmas holiday. I look terrible. I put that picture on my refrigerator and in my purse, when I want to cheat I pull it out. It is helping me I think.
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    I'm doing something kind of like the paying each pound idea...I'm setting a small goal and each time I reach it, I treat myself w/ something I like. For example, when I loose the next 3lbs I'm going to buy myself season 4 of the Office on DVD.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am losing control again with my cookie addiction. :cry: I like you reward motivator. I think I will transfer money towards a Mexico trip in my savings account. How should I do it-a daily reward per day for eating right, or per pound. I only have $100.00 so far.:ohwell:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    okay, my take is a little different... I am REALLY trying to think of this as NOT a weightloss plan as much as a "being healthy" plan... that way my "goal" can be met EVERYDAY - as long as I eat six mini meals, exercise, and stay within my nurtritional limits.

It's working for me so far - and I don't feel overwhelmed at the long-termness of it - it's just a daily goal. Hope that helps...:flowerforyou:
    lulu
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I don't know what in the heks going on with me...it's like I'm at battle with myself....I've not been progressing any with the numbers on the scale moving but I have been eating like there's not going to be any food tomorrow...but I will say that my whole week has not gone by without physical activity....but this food thing is getting to me....
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I did the picture thing too...I took all my junk food in my whole house and consolidated it to once small area in my kitchen...and I have a really hideous picture of me blown up to a 5x7 and taped it to the front of the cabinet door!!!! so everytime I go into the "junk area" I see that picture...it seems to be working so far...my kids laugh at me when I pack their lunches...they tell me what they want from the "bad door"
  • hmo4
    Options
    Hey Blah, maybe you need Bob to come over and swear at you.:laugh: :laugh:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    I learned from own experience - my own problem was that I would think too much
    get out of the routine, gain weight, less and less motivation, and more panic " i will not get back into the gear , and energy I used to have.. and I just would drown deeper and deeper, and constantly think
    " oh- i have to exercise again ? i'm sooo out of shape again i have to start from 0..
    I have to watch my food, write it down.. prepare it- pre-package it.. and the more i think the less i wanted to do it..

but if we just " shut of " the overthinking and get up and do it- just get up and do it.. one workout at a time.. one day at a time- i don't worry about next week -it's not here yet.. " how will I fit my workouts in my schedule next month ? I don't know- I'll figure it out next month.. today-i just worry about getting it done- today..

How will I stay away from all the good stuff for the rest of my life ? Well I don't know.. but.. today i choose not to put the fat/sugar in my mouth.. today " i choose " tomorrow- i'll think about it tomorrow..

Just like hiking- if you look how high it is- you get discouraged- just set one foot in front of the other and keep'n eye on the feet don't look up :flowerforyou:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Hey Blah, maybe you need Bob to come over and swear at you.:laugh: :laugh:

i need something!!!:explode: ....somebody save me!....O.K.. it's not that serious, i know, but sometimes it feels like it's that serious....
  • hmo4
    Options
    "WHAT IS IT BLAH??? WHAT THE F*^&* IS WRONG WITH YOU?? GET THE f%$* ON THE MACHINES AND DO 30!!" :laugh: :wink: There, I did it. Seriously, what can we do to help you do you think? :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I'm not sure...i think the stress is starting to overwhelm me...
  • hmo4
    Options
    You'll be ok. Don't stress-good things come in time. I've been stuck like this for a few years now too. This site has given me new motivation, interest and a way I can hope to help others too. I've done a ton of research and reading about nutrition, fitness programs/exercises and supplements.over the past 1.5 yrs while I've been off (I wish I could be a Personal Trainer actually). Anyway, I'm here for you, and will help you in anyway I can. Keep your chin up. Step 1- you need to find CONTROL within you. It's the lack of it, that is the most STRESSFUL thing surrounding everything with your life right now. It takes huge energy and effort to hold it together, but after 3-5 days you should be on your way! :wink: Message me if you need. :happy: