Never again will I miss a meal

Options
So, this morning DH and myself woke up late and started cleaning the new house. By the time we realized we should eat breakfast it was almost lunch. So, we decided we will eat lunch with the kids at 1pm. By the time one came along we had company and didn't eat. I started getting those hunger cramps (i have never experienced before and swear I was dying). We finally got dinner rolling and cooked a couple high calorie items just so I can bring up my intake a little. I tell you this, I will never miss another meal. OMG was I in pain even after I ate dinner! Decided I will not do my 2nd exercise to night. And someone suggested on a post, to not eat breakfast or lunch that idea can kiss my rear end! lol I am going to be religious on 3 meals a day!

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting once a month or so (so skip three meals over a 24 hour period), and I've never had any sort of stomach cramps or anything beyond light rumbly. In fact, I typically do it because my stomach is telling me that it's not happy with me and needs a bit of a break.

I have had horrible stomach cramps when I've overeaten or eaten something that disagreed with me though.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I get like that too when I don't eat! But it has to be awhile before I've not eaten! I feel so sick from not eating. It's NO fun!
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. If I don't eat, I feel the nausea coming from low blood sugar. I have to eat.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I have to eat also... Get a headache and Nausea when I don't it's no FUN:frown:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, too. In fact, I'm finding that I do better when I eat 3 small meals and 3 snacks throughout the day. I have PCOS and insulin resistance, so hypoglycemia is an issue. If I don't eat regularly, I get a headache, break out in cold sweats, and start shaking; I also get nauseous. If I let myself get to that point, it takes awhile, even after I've eaten, to get back to normal.

Perfect example of this: yesterday, I ate really light for breakfast and lunch so I could enjoy dinner out. I enjoyed my dinner very much, but in the middle of the night I was up with major heartburn and ended up throwing up everything I'd eaten for dinner. I was so violently sick that I burst some capillaries in my face; I look like I have hives or something from all the red splotches on my face. I will NOT do that again.

My religion advocates fasting, but I am just not able to do it. My body won't allow me to. People have said things to me about how I should fast for this or that, but every time I've tried I end up really sick and feeling AWFUL. I don't think that's the intention of fasting, so I don't do it. If church people think that makes me a terrible person, so be it!
  • Amyding115
    Options
    I never make it that far because my drop in blood sugar from not eating turns me into a royal b with an itch! The people around me know that when that happens, FEED ME! When mama's happy, everyone's happy!
  • jaxson1974
    Options
    I can't skip meals either, I am not a nice person if I am too hungry.