Day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred Review

Options
My DVD came in the mail today and I thought Id give it a try since a few of my friends swear by it. Im trying to tone my butt and thighs so I thought i would give this a try since it seemed like a good all over body toner. 20 minute workout, easy right?

WRONG! I totalllllly underestimate this 20 min workout. it kicked my butt! My abs were hurting and i was sweating like a pig. All i could think about was that cold glass of iced water. This DVD is AWESOME. Highly recommend!!!

Replies

• kissthis_goodbye
    Options
    YES!! I love it and i was thinking the same thing you were the first time i pressed play!!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Like I feel like I could throw up now lol. Im not used to workouts like this.
  • beginswithb
    Options
    Oh gods, yes! I bought this DVD from Target on a whim after hearing so much great stuff about it. The first day I did it, I thought I was going to die. The next day was even worse. Walking alone made me want to cry. I felt great, though! It still kicks my butt but I love the challenge and the way I feel when I complete another day!
  • siabevis
    Options
    I still cant catch my breath!! I just put Ripped in 30 on my instant que for November!
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh yes it is definitely a challenge. I am on level 2 and I know that i will have shredded in 30. Stick with it:smile:
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Yep.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Im kind of confused about the workouts though. So there are 3 levels. Do I do a different level each day for 30 days, or can i just stick with the same level for a month? What worked best for you?
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    I believe most folks do 10 days for each level unless they feel they are ready for the next level sooner.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Im kind of confused about the workouts though. So there are 3 levels. Do I do a different level each day for 30 days, or can i just stick with the same level for a month? What worked best for you?

Level 1 for 10 days
    Level 2 for 10 days
    Level 3 for 10 days

Some people adjust as needed... for instance only 7 on the first level but maybe 12 the 2nd and then 11 for the last.

My wife and I have this video, kicks my rump

This video is the reason her abs are starting to show though...
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have heard great things about this dvd! I am so keen to try it, how much on average is it? ps i live in australia
  • brucedelaney
    Options
    I have heard great things about this dvd! I am so keen to try it, how much on average is it? ps i live in australia

6 to 10 US dollars.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    On Day 2 I was so sore the warmup killed my arms. You definitely get your $10 worth.

At the end I went back and did Level 1 to see how I progressed. I was a amazed how easy it seemed. To me that was true way to measure my progress.

Good luck!
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm on D4L1, and day 1 kicked my butt!! I felt like my legs were jelly!
  • siabevis
    Options

Level 1 for 10 days
    Level 2 for 10 days
    Level 3 for 10 days

Some people adjust as needed... for instance only 7 on the first level but maybe 12 the 2nd and then 11 for the last.

Ok that makes more sense thankyou for explaining.. Im considering doing this once in the am and then once in the pm after i get off of work!
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 10 of Level 1 today... Level 2 starts tomorrow. I watched it last night. I'm scared I won't be able to walk or lift my arms again like after the first few days of Level 1. LOL :) Level 1 was my calves. OMG they killed me. I think Level 2 will be more arms and abs. Guess I'll find out! :) Great workout!
  • siabevis
    Options
    I am on Day 10 of Level 1 today... Level 2 starts tomorrow. I watched it last night. I'm scared I won't be able to walk or lift my arms again like after the first few days of Level 1. LOL :) Level 1 was my calves. OMG they killed me. I think Level 2 will be more arms and abs. Guess I'll find out! :) Great workout!

Haha nice.. yeah im finally beginning to be able to walk now HA!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Someone said Level 3 was easier than 2. That's bull!

Level 3 began today for me and it was tough. Lots of Plyo. Ugh!

Only 9 days to go. Woo-hoo!
  • siabevis
    Options
    Someone said Level 3 was easier than 2. That's bull!

Level 3 began today for me and it was tough. Lots of Plyo. Ugh!

Only 9 days to go. Woo-hoo!

I love some Pylo! Aweeeeesome. Notice any changes in ur butt?? Im trying to shape up mine
  • brucedelaney
    Options

Level 1 for 10 days
    Level 2 for 10 days
    Level 3 for 10 days

Ok that makes more sense thankyou for explaining.. Im considering doing this once in the am and then once in the pm after i get off of work!
    So going for 30 Day shred in 15 days? LOL
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I break a sweat each and every time. Keep telling yourself that you won't ache as much on Day 5. There is something about the first four days that makes everyone a little achy. You CAN do it! Just keep it up. Modify, if you need to, and work your way up to level one if you need to.