Calling All Pear-Shapes!!!!!

Options

Replies

• luckyprincessmelody
    Options
    Thanks blackgirlfit!! I just want to get back there, lol! I'll even take 7 pounds ago :P
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    check out my profile (the pics of my weight loss esp the bikini pic)

pear shapes are women who have larger hips but their top is skinny (average size boobs). small waist.

hour shape glass women are women who have larger hips and big breast as well. small waist.

Oh okay I'm only a B cup but my bust and hips are fairly close in size. I'm just me I guess :p

You'd qualify as a banana, or if you're familiar with Trinny and Susannah, you're a brick. Flattering sounding, eh? Hello, I'm Flausa, and I too, am a brick.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    this is from August 20th and I was around 189-190 at that time

my current messurments are 36D - 33waistband - 42 hips ( 5foot 5inches and 177pounds)

DSC07642-1.jpg
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Umm... I don't post pics of myself from the chest down, for that very reason. I don't want to scare anyone! LOL

Yep, I'm a pear... actually, a pear and 1/2. Ugh. BUT not forever cuz I've made up my mind to change that. :)
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a pear! I've been told this since I was little.

150lbs
    Bust: 32
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 37

I have really fit arms, and large thighs for my body.

When I get to be 140lbs or so I will probably have the measurements I had this Spring:
    Bust: 31
    Waist: 26
    Hips: 35.5
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am a true pear. I have wear a 30 band on my bra, have a 25 inch waist, 38.5 inch hip, and 22 inch thighs. PEAR
  • lulucall911
    lulucall911 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear i am two whole dress sizes different on my bust i am an Australian size 8 and on my hips i am an Australian size 12. I've had a few people tell me i should stay fat because it isn't as noticeable :(
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options

pear shapes are women who have larger hips but their top is skinny (average size boobs). small waist.

hour shape glass women are women who have larger hips and big breast as well. small waist.

Oh okay I'm only a B cup but my bust and hips are fairly close in size. I'm just me I guess :p

You'd qualify as a banana, or if you're familiar with Trinny and Susannah, you're a brick. Flattering sounding, eh? Hello, I'm Flausa, and I too, am a brick.

Ah but I posted the wrong measurement - should have measured round my bum. So I think I am probably a pear/hourglass. Need to do the sums :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Easiest way for me to tell my shape is to look at my shadow. I have large boobs so I thought I was a hour glass, but nope. I saw my shadow while walking in yoga pants and I was like "holy pear-shape, Batman!" :laugh:
    Try it out, stand tall with the sun behind you and you will see what I mean!
    ( I have pix on my profile but I don't know how to post. )
  • HighenSugar
    Options
    Definitely a Pear.
    This is me at my heaviest earlier this year. Unfortunately I hit that weight again last month. I'm currently trying to lose weight...again. This time I will stick with it!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GN-T7GEDFmsRRGzKaFupNC9Hgze3Hxqva_p56vHNlkc?feat=directlink

*The pic won't post due to viewing restrictions on the album, but you can see it with the link :)
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Wow, I guess I just found out I was a pear! I've been measuring my hips wrong the whole time! I don't look like a pear, but according to my measurements, (39-33-44) I am indeed a pear.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options

I always thought I knew the differences in shape but your simple breakdown made me realize I had my shape all wrong. I think I am more Pear now. I wonder if it's not so much as big breasts up top but could it also be broader shoulders, small waist, large hips?
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I found this website:

http://www.bodyshapefashionadvice.com

Where you can take a test to find your shape. Then they offer advice on clothing choices that flatter your shape! According to this I am a pear...
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I'm an apple. I didn't even know that was considered a shape until this website! HA

When I was skinny (and when I will be later on!) I'm definitely a pear shape. I've always had hips and thighs, even when I was small.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear i am two whole dress sizes different on my bust i am an Australian size 8 and on my hips i am an Australian size 12. I've had a few people tell me i should stay fat because it isn't as noticeable :(

That was just rude... Forget those people!!!! >:(
  • crestchick82
    Options
    Im a pear definately. Size 14 jeans with a L or XL shirt and an A cup. I always used to be confused on why my boobs werent bigger (i thought all bigger girls had bigger boobs) but finally i had to accept my body shape as is. I have really thick thighs and butt, a smaller waist (my stomach has the least amount of fat), and thick arms.
  • crestchick82
    Options
    I found this website:

http://www.bodyshapefashionadvice.com

Where you can take a test to find your shape. Then they offer advice on clothing choices that flatter your shape! According to this I am a pear...

Okay so i went to the websote and they told me i was a hourglass. I guess its because of my wide shoulders? I always thought it had something to do with breast size...guess not lol
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. I think you can see my pictures if you click on me.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    small upper body, big hips and thighs. 34.5 - 28.5 - 40

DSC01722.jpg
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Definitely consider myself pear shaped : ) currently 5'5", 145, and 36-28-41!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!