Can't live without it!!!!!

Options
Wynnie
Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
So, I decided to fork over a few bucks and have a nutrition expert make some suggestions for me. She started right in on sugars, fats, etc, and had me cutting out foods here and there, gradually.

But when she got to cheese... no way, Jose! I pushed back so hard that she just gave me limits but didn't make me cut it out all together. Hah!

(So just for fun...) What food can you just absolutely, positively not live without?

PS - now that I have cut back, I have noticed my cravings are diminishing a little - weird.

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So, I decided to fork over a few bucks and have a nutrition expert make some suggestions for me. She started right in on sugars, fats, etc, and had me cutting out foods here and there, gradually.

But when she got to cheese... no way, Jose! I pushed back so hard that she just gave me limits but didn't make me cut it out all together. Hah!

(So just for fun...) What food can you just absolutely, positively not live without?

PS - now that I have cut back, I have noticed my cravings are diminishing a little - weird.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    wine, chocolate, pasta, chips and salsa....those are the top ones :)
  • LauraLea
    Options
    Diet Coke, I know it's not a Food, but it is also a major addiction.
  • lkeszenheimer
    Options
    I understand how you feel about cheese.. Now, if I use it, like on my turkey patty, I measure exactly the amount of a serving, and also use the 2% cheese versus the full-fat cheese. I've found that what I thoought I couldn't live without I'm not really craving anymore, like bread or pasta! Good luck!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Bread- I switched to Trader Joe's Organic Flourless Sprouted 7 Grain. I love the chewy texture and I don't miss that white crap I used to call bread or that fake you out wheat bread either. I really crave chocolate at times so I do really dark chocolate which I love anyway. I get a little boost of fiber with it.:bigsmile:

Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • heathero24
    Options
    pizza. i could eat it every day for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    gotta have my water:drinker: :bigsmile: I'm with lkeszenheimer on this one... if I really crave something that isn't maybe the healthiest, I'll either plan it in or wait until the next day to see if I still want it, most times the excitement is gone and then I realize it was merely an emotional hunger:laugh:

I don't crave simple carbs much anymore.... but don't TRY and take away my water:angry::wink: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    starbucksbraceletbl1.gif
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you on the cheese!.....But more important than that is my ICE CREAM!! :love:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • LeahNicRN
    Options
    Diet Mountain Dew, anything Mexican, wine, & ice cream. :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    starbucksbraceletbl1.gif
    so Marla? What exactly are trying to say??:wink::laugh:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    My Tim Horton's coffee, water, bananas, peanut butter-Kraft only, skim milk and all dairy products. Pizza and chocolate chip cookies I adore but REALLY need to stay away from.:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    starbucksbraceletbl1.gif
    so Marla? What exactly are trying to say??:wink::laugh:

Too subtle for you, Elizabeth??-- Little wonder-- I've always been told I have trouble expressing what I really feel. :wink:
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    fried rice with fried tofu.
    or spanish rice, I guess any type of rice in general. I could eat that for the rest of my life!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Mexican food!!! I'm am having to seriously jiggle things (no, not my body!) to fit it in to my calorie and fat counts next weekend - I'm craving BIG TIME!
  • abelb
    abelb Posts: 14
    Options
    pizza, apple pie ala mode and whatever else is probably gonna make me lose focus. for some reason this forum makes me really hingry. and i want a starbucks
  • Marla64
    Options
    . and i want a starbucks
    {gulp} sorry.:blushing:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Ok now you guys are making me hungry. :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :wink:

I would say Ice Cream. I live in Minnesota but I can eat that stuff all year around. :drinker:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. No way man. Can't give it up!
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bagels and cream cheese

I just:heart: them -- of course I'm eating a LOT less than i did before!