October Calorie Burn Challenge - Week 1

Options

Replies

• Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Ok - so I just started the 30 day Shred and I'm finding myself wanting to quit early - so my personal challenge is to do the 30 Day Shred 6 days this week (rest day Sunday)
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Ok - so I just started the 30 day Shred and I'm finding myself wanting to quit early - so my personal challenge is to do the 30 Day Shred 6 days this week (rest day Sunday)

@femtec - wow - that's a great challenge!! I don't know if I could do it for 6 straight days... hahah. My hat's off to YOU!! :flowerforyou:

For me for today -

Walked with my co-worker at lunchtime 114 calories burned
    Walk at the bike path tonight after work - 324 calories burned
    Tap Dance (beginner) class tonight - 143 calories burned (can't wait until this number starts going UP!)
    Elliptical Machine - 200 calories burned
    100 crunches tonight
    TOTAL CALORIE BURNED: 781

Originally went over on my calories (too much "junk" at the potluck at work today - ugh!!) :cry: but i got back up off the couch and worked on the elliptical until I burned off that "overage"!! haha!! I'm determined to win this competition this month!!

Under calorie goal..... :drinker:
    11 glasses of water
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hit all my goals today! I burned 1099 calories on my bike, and completed 100 crunches (I am so sore-I probably should have started with 50 a day, but I can't back down now!) I stayed below calories and I drank 10 glasses of water.
    I hope everyone had an awesome day.
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    Originally went over on my calories (too much "junk" at the potluck at work today - ugh!!) :cry: but i got back up off the couch and worked on the elliptical until I burned off that "overage"!! haha!! I'm determined to win this competition this month!!

NICE!!! That's what I call determination!!! To get out of the couch, what a nice kick in the but you have had to give you hey! For me, thats a big challenge! :bigsmile:

@Carriel1976 What a great day for you, wonderful!!!!
  • moon_light10
    Options
    am confused, the only doc I can see is where the weight is
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGV0QkxhdVA3SEFmTGlaajR4MkN5V0E&hl=en_US#gid=0

Am I looking in the wrong place????
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, took my walks during my breaks, Walking, 3.0 mph, 20mins burning 85 calories and 75 squats for my personal challenge, Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort 15mins burning 155 calories. Total that is 230 calories for the day plus the 230 yesterday means I have 460 for the week... leaving 1540 for the week...

I plan on running at least a 5K tonight before classes and that will be some great calories!!!

I didn't go over my calories

I did get all my water in and managed 12 glasses :blushing:

Great work everyone! :bigsmile:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    am confused, the only doc I can see is where the weight is
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGV0QkxhdVA3SEFmTGlaajR4MkN5V0E&hl=en_US#gid=0

Am I looking in the wrong place????

There are tabs at the top or bottom of the sheet (depending on the view you are using). One tab says weight, one says inches, then there are four that are Week 1/2/3/4 for the calculating points :wink:

hope that helps!
  • moon_light10
    Options
    ahhh found it, it was right at the bottom of the page,
    ty for that
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Never let anyone disturb your composure, de-value your vision, deter your accomplishment or destroy your joy.
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Today, took my walks during my breaks, Walking, 3.0 mph, 20mins burning 85 calories, 50 pushups for my personal challenge, Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort 15mins burning 155 calories, and Running (jogging), 5 mph (12 min mile) for 30mins burning 310 (this may increase if I have time between work and school). Total that is 550 calories for the day plus the 460 so far this week means I have 1,010 for the week... leaving 990 for the week. (halfway there!!!)

I didn't go over my calories :wink:

I did get all my water in staying at the 8 glasses

Keep it up everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    ahhh found it, it was right at the bottom of the page,
    ty for that

:wink:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Thanks carrriebear for answering questions on the forum!! Appreciate your willingness to jump right in there!! Also, you were kickin some behind working out today... wow!!

Me,
    Cleaning my apartment today - 307 calories
    cooking / food preparation - 55 calories
    Zumba class tonight (my first!) - 295 calories

TOTAL - 657 calories today

under calorie goal
    10 waters
    100 ab crunches :smile:

Where is everybody??!
  • carriel1976
    Options
    Today was a great day for me. This morning I took an hour and a half walk while pushing my very lazy 5 year old and 2 year old in the sit and stand stroller on the bike path. I went home and while my 2 year old napped I burned 600 calories on my bike and did 100 crunches. Tonight after the kids went to bed I did 500 more calories on my bike. I also did some squats and worked on my arms. I was way under calories, but I feel really full-I know you aren't supposed to do that but i'm not going to force feed myself I doubt I am really in starvation mode. I drank 9 cups of water today.
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    Wednesday, October 5th,

Today, I still have the flu, BUT I still did:

- Walk on my lunch break = 135 calorie burned
    - Boxe Lessons = 561 calorie burned
    TOTAL CALORIE BURNED: 696

- Jumping rope 900 / 1000 for the week
    - Abs: 475 / 1000 for the week
    - Push ups: 75 / 250 for the week

- Under calories
    - More than 10 glass of water

@Moon_light10 I think in the Google DOC, you have to write 5 points if you are under your calories and not how calories left you have :wink:

Have a nice day!

Cath1717
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Today, took my walks during my breaks, Walking, 3.0 mph, 20mins burning 85 calories, 50 pushups for my personal challenge, Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort 15mins burning 155 calories, and Running (jogging), 5 mph (12 min mile) for 30mins burning 310 (this may increase if I have time between work and school). Total that is 550 calories for the day plus the 460 so far this week means I have 1,010 for the week... leaving 990 for the week. (halfway there!!!)

I did get all my water in staying at the 8 glasses

Keep it up everyone! :flowerforyou:

actually went to the bar after class to shoot pool, added 4 more glasses of water!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Thanks carrriebear for answering questions on the forum!! Appreciate your willingness to jump right in there!! Also, you were kickin some behind working out today... wow!!

You're very welcome! Thanks for letting me know that 8-9 glasses of water is the one point and 10 or more is 2 points. That is really helpful. I couldn't find it on the thread anywhere!? lol
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

@Moon_light10 I think in the Google DOC, you have to write 5 points if you are under your calories and not how calories left you have :wink:

Have a nice day!

Cath1717

Yes Cath1717 - you are correct about the points. It's 5 points if you are under your calorie goal for the day. It's 1 point if you have 8 or 9 glasses of water (NO POINTS if you don't make it to 8!) and then 2 points if you have 10 or more glasses of water!!

I didn't realize that I had not put the calorie goal points and the water points in the instructions at the beginning of this thread - I"M SO SORRY!! :blushing:

Thanks cath - for your clarification - and I hope you get to feeling better SOON!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Tonight I did a short walk that burned about 145 calories.
    100 crunches

10 glasses of water
    under calorie goal!

Whoo hoo!!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Yesterday, took my walks during my breaks, Walking, 3.0 mph, 20mins burning 85 calories and 100 lunges for my personal challenge, Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort 15mins burning 155 calories. Total that is 230 calories for the day plus the 1,010 so far this week means I have 1,240 for the week... leaving 760 for the week.

I did get all my water in and went to 11 glasses

How is everyone doing this week? :huh:
  • carriel1976
    Options
    I did well today-rode my bike to burn 1144 calories. I also did my 100 crunches-they are not getting easier yet, but I am finally less sore afterward. I love this challenge it is keeping me very motivated-Thank you Amazing Grace for starting it! I hope everyone is doing well. Oh yah today was exciting because when I weighed myself I was in the 130's (139.5) for the first time in a while!
    :drinker: