270 Calorie, 6g Fat Lasagna Recipe (Serves 12)

Options
2»

Replies

• saj6
    saj6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cooking light had a really good turkey burger recipe this summer (sorry, can't remember what issue and can't seem to find it right now) it had pictures of burgers on the front cover. Anyway the turkey burger has oven roasted eggplant puree in it as well as vegamite -which I had never tried before and I was a bit nervous about putting in but it tastes wonderful and not like a turkey burger! Even my kids ate it and they are very picky eaters. Well worth looking for and trying.

And your lasagna recipe looks good, and for those that can't find fat free ricotta (I can get low fat but not fat free here) I have substituted fat free cottage cheese with good results :-)
  • skinnysynimini
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. :) This sounds so much healthier than the lasagna my family makes. I'm definitely going to try this recipe.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Sounds much better than the weight loss packaged lasagna meals.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Cooking light had a really good turkey burger recipe this summer (sorry, can't remember what issue and can't seem to find it right now) it had pictures of burgers on the front cover. Anyway the turkey burger has oven roasted eggplant puree in it as well as vegamite -which I had never tried before and I was a bit nervous about putting in but it tastes wonderful and not like a turkey burger! Even my kids ate it and they are very picky eaters. Well worth looking for and trying.

And your lasagna recipe looks good, and for those that can't find fat free ricotta (I can get low fat but not fat free here) I have substituted fat free cottage cheese with good results :-)

Thanks for the heads up on the Cooking Light turkey burger. I tried vegamite the other day! It was be great in stews or as a rub for steak. I'll bet it covered the "turkey" taste of the burgers quite nicely! Will google the recipe. :flowerforyou:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Another cheat to save calories? Replace one layer of lasagna noodle with thinly slices eggplant or summer squash.
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great party recipe.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!

As for turkey burgers, I make mine using 93% lean turkey. To keep them moist I saute chopped onions and mushrooms in a little bit of olive or canola oil then add it to the ground turkey. I have also heard recently that you can add a bit of oil to the meat itself to make them more moist. Form patties and cook.
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

I think this might be what you were referring to:

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/everyday-menus/healthy-grilled-burgers-00412000067663/page6.html
  • saj6
    saj6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yes thats the turkey burger recipe :-) its really good, I would recommend it to anyone!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    bump and THANKS!!!
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    sounds great. I love ground turkey; I can't stand ground beef!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump